System Pics 2020

A door like that can be opened by a robber child. And neighbors are far away, if I imagine well with the help of the picture.

1 Like

Yes, that’s absolutely true, but insurance would cover the loss — assuming that’s not the conservatory…

1 Like

We had this debate recently on another thread and one of the Boys in Blue pointed out that burglars are just not interested in stealing Naim separates. They want light, portable swag than they can get rid of easily and not be staggering down the road attempting to carry a NAP500!

2 Likes

:crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :pray:

3 Likes

There are easier to robb like that, in their cartoons. One thing is missing : gift wrap paper. :star_struck:

1 Like

Unless they find the keys to your car too and then they have that to load the bulky heavy goods into.

We were burgled a few years back. The wallies failed to lever an old Panasonic plasma tv off the wall then tried to carry another tv out the window. All the while they could have opened the front door from the inside. They completely ignored the 250.2, 282, hicap and LP12.

Personally, in that case, I would buy a mechanical metallic store for the door, or reinforce this glass light door.

Yes, Tony, and I still have the lovely nSats too. I am in 2 minds about whether to remove those brackets or not just in case i decide to downsize. But the current SL2 active system driven by 500s sounds so bloody good that this is a very difficult decision to make. I have actually tried to ‘simplify’ my system – but failed when i realised that music is actually a source of great comfort in my current poor state of health.

enjoy/ken

5 Likes

Hope things improve for you Ken, music is a wonderful therapy, take care.

2 Likes

As Gazza said Ken, I hope you improve quickly, enjoy the music.

1 Like

Take care Ken.

Thanks Gazza, @Eoink and @Mike_S!
enjoy/ken

3 Likes

Hi @bongoman, very nice system. Wonder what plate/frame is the NDX2 sitting on?
Iver

Fear not, the boxes are empty, packing will commence next week this is just preparing to pack :astonished:

It would take one heck of a strong burger to lift that lot! The good news is 1) My area is very low when it comes to crime 2) I have a very nosey neighbour, if they get past her they deserve the contents of my house!

Thanks for concern though and wish me luck when the actually packing begins…

Gary

5 Likes

Hi @IvdZ, the NDX2 is sitting on a Silent Stage 1 isolation platform. It’s fabricated from extruded clear Acrylic as this material is very dead acoustically. The Silent Stage 1 consists of two separate platforms. The base platform houses four black-chromium finished spikes which are height adjustable and come complete with base disc holders. It’s designed for turntables but can be used with other sources or amps.

The NDX2 is sitting on one shelf as I needed to raise it up slightly as my superlumina interconnect was dragging on the carpet which affected SQ. Having it seated on the platform allows the interconnect to hang freely and not touch anything.

2 Likes

Have to admit Chris, I had to look twice to spot it…

1 Like

Thank you, we both laughed at that one!

Now if only Naim sets could start appearing in Elle Decoration

I’d me more worried about there being no saucers underneath the grape hyacinths. And then there is a well dodgy looking bloke in a picture on the shelf…

1 Like

I’ve just fed that comment back. I’m told that, “saucers would ruin it”. [!]

1 Like