To me the look of Olive components is unsurpassed in the Audio world

Claude

3 Likes

Is all that green light from the Star? I’d turn off the display :slight_smile:

Thanks Bart,

we’re all really doing our best.

:slightly_smiling_face:

Max

This system looks like sounding super musical. May I dare wondering if the tube mono blocks have space enough around them?

Best
Max

CD5 XS, NAC-N272, XPS DR, 300DR, Sonus Faber Guarneri Tradition

38 Likes

Thanks Claude.
To me, an old “olive” system well reccaped is as musical or pleasant as a black or CB one. Same family but just sounds a little different…

2 Likes

Thanks for the welcome.
When it could be possible I 'll try again going active… More than few hours. I only must convince a friend to borrow him a supercap, snaxo and 250. :grinning:

1 Like

Hi Ken, wishing you a good recovery

LOL. I quite like the biohazard look…

Hi Suzy,

What is your Meridian setup, any photos?

M

1 Like

Well max, Good Question! I was an still wandering this. The thing is, that I want the set fitting in the rack. And our house, not to look as an audio shop :wink:. So I have the phono pre-amp of the VPI, behind the closes part of the rack, with an open back. For the tubes, I should have more space. But if I put the separete tubes closer together, I get a zoom. And the way the are positioned now, they are completely quiet. I sended a photo to icon audio. The reacted quickly, saying it is not a problem, but more space would be a plus for the performance. So I live with the compremise. Because I am sort of proud of the rack. And for the rack. This is not the standard ideal rack. Butting is dam heavy, the shelves are dempt. So there are some compromises here! :wink::sunglasses:

1 Like

Well, the look of it all is very classy and the cabinet looks elegant and solid, so if you don’t have heat issues, leave it as it is, beautiful to look at – which is more that can be said of most of audio system’s presence in living rooms - starting from mine, presently…

Enjoy
Max

1 Like

Ciao Massimo
I know that your naim journey starter si ce the beginning of your hifi experience and i m really curious to know your pass sound description because i supposed you a potential Sn3 owner

Ciao
Pit

Good plan Alex :facepunch:. We have to creative​:wink:

I made these against the wall, behind the rack. Two at different heights, so the do not touch each other, going into the amp, as the english products need to cross🙈 In this was, you can also make the power cords not touch the speaker cable. I do not believe one of the things of disconnecting cables and components and furniture make the worded of difference. But I do believe that all these things together have a positive effect

3 Likes

Why is that glass of red being powered?

3 Likes

@NigelB, it is the other way around — if you connect wine to the DAC, the music sounds better. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Ah yes, I heard about that, it is the new merlot-powered Hugo.

Hic!

4 Likes

Most music sounds better through Rioja chords with a Merlot distribution block

2 Likes

My system - SuperUniti (on pre-amp duties), with NAP 250DR, an NDX2 (which is making me very happy), a Uniti Core and a pair of Epos ES12’s that I’ve had since my first Naim system (92/90) back in '96. I keep on thinking that I should try other speakers, and almost got close recently, but every time I listen to them I still get a smile.

The next step is Fraim - the local dealer has a rather nice one in cherry that would look really good with our furniture :wink:

…and maybe a tidy up of my cables

19 Likes

I’ve only done pictures of the black boxes so far so thought I’d do some of the rest after recently stripping it all down to get some Super Lumina speaker cable down to replace the NACA 5 . What a difference it’s made already even without ‘burn in’. Very impressed with it. :blush:

Anyway here’s the system and room.

Maple SL2s

n-Sub

n-Sats

The AV Electronics and Centre Speaker(AV2, NAP V 145, NAP 200, Axess)

Denon Blu-Ray player

And that’s about it! :smiley:

The other end again.

And that’s it!

For now… :wink:

120 Likes