System Pics 2020

simply wow !

3 Likes

Just put the Gaia IIIs on the stand 20s of my S40s. Remarkable difference! Stunned. Lot more clarity and a lot less bass vibration. Noticed immediately. Mad. :slight_smile: (oak flooring)

5 Likes

You donā€™t need to use plastic bags. I unscrewed the top and filled with sand then screwed the top plate back on, no sand comes out. They were designed for it :+1:t3:

Lovely!

1 Like

Rainwater damage drenched my living room and ProAc D30RS speaker, so no system for the time being. Not great timing with all the social distancing etc.

On the plus side the insurance company was brilliant and I may even decide to upgrade to ProAc K3 when the dust settlesā€¦

Without wanting to hijack the thread, if anybody has heard the K3s I would appreciate your views by messaging me.

Cheers
Paul

3 Likes

What a beautiful room.

1 Like

Superb integration of the stereo system in the living room. WAF :+1:

Lovely pictures of your racks.

1 Like

Interesting print on the wall, RK. Was it yours and Mrs RK special day?

1 Like

Sure was Tony! :+1:t5:

2 Likes

Thanks all, everybody needs a bit of humour in their lives right now. I should have made it clear, the big thing at the back is not a rack, but a dehumidifier ! The box thing in the foreground is not a speaker but a Cahon (a sort of poor mans drumkit) so I can provide the rhythm section to my sonā€™s guitar (on the left is little Marshall valve amp.) Canā€™t match the wallpaper so the whole room has to redecorated, so for the time being itā€™s become a music studio. Lovely reverb.

I suggested to the wife that I buy a little drumkit (The sort Charlie Watts might play) but it wasnā€™t well received.

Insurers are Hiscox who are absolutely inundated right now with business claims galore, but they have been brilliant.

Stay safe, Paul

1 Like

Cheers Eoink. :+1:t5:

1 Like

Cheers Stuart. :+1:t5:

Cheers mpw. :+1:t5:

1 Like

Cheers Naimophile35. :+1:t5:

A lot of work went into the whole place. Stripped it back to bare brick, knocked down walls, removed the chimney breasts to make as much room as possible in here.

While the floorboards were up for the centra heating and electrics I had the builders put some brick and concrete pillars down to the foundations for the speakers and n-Sub to sit on so theyā€™d have a solid surface. Just wish Iā€™d done the same at the top end of the room for where the Fraim racks are placed as well but hey ho.

I ran speaker cables for the rear n-Sats up the rear-wall, over the ceiling and back down the main wall to the 200 amp before it was fully plastered (floated, not dot and dabbed with boards at that end of the room).

Struggled to find a unit that wasnā€™t going to be a custom job from Ikea costing Ā£200 which does a great job but I had to remove the backing panels for cable access and brace it instead. It does a great job of hiding the AV & network boxes and cables.

Thereā€™s a lot of kit in here but done my best to try and integrate itinto the room.

2 Likes

Great job RackKit. When we look at the photos we do not imagine that there has been so much work and design before!

Clear, contemporary final visual result. The atmosphere and colors are nice.
Nevertheless it comes at a cost and above all goodbye to the fireplace ā€¦

Have you thought of an acoustic treatment of the room? You were in the works.

1 Like

Stunning pictures Rackkit! They look like theyā€™re straight out of a (rather good) Naim brochure.

5 Likes

Yeah, the fireplace and chimney breast had to go to preserve as much space as possible. The long term plan/dream is to build from scratch. Iā€™d love to design something and properly integrate a system into really nice room. Itā€™s all on hold for now while the current events are going on.

Not thought about acoustic treatment, donā€™t think I have any room left acoustic panels etc. Hopefully the carpets, cushions and settee keep things under control.

Thanks Richard, really appreciate the compliments! Those Naim brochures have ended up costing me a fortune over last 15 years :grinning:

The photographers and designers of the brochures clearly did a good job. :+1:t5:

Interesting putting a solid concrete floor under the speakers. At Signals, Derek from Kudos played around with the 808,s until he found part of the floor that was solid, not suspendedā€¦sounded much betteršŸ‘

1 Like

thats the finish i would have liked for my SL2s ā€“ i have cherryā€¦ the whole set up looks great!!!

1 Like