1 Like

cool pictures.

1 Like

He can be the mother…

1 Like

Very cool, Alex!

1 Like

@frenchrooster @Mitch , you have only one contender on the forum, @joeling

I would kill for a room like that! Oh…and the gear doesn’t suck either…

1 Like

His thread is very interesting. Naim Statement + Stella Utopia

I thought those looked like the Grand Utopias.

He has a full Statement like you, with DCS full 4 boxes stack, Naim CD555, Avid Acutus and top Bergman turntables, Audio Research Reference phono. These are Stella, look like a bit like Utopia.
He had Proac Carbon ? before.
We don’t see well on the pic, but it’s full Statement.

Extremely impressive, obviously. I only se the Statement pre…

1 Like

When I first set up two stacks my dealer advised I use a long spirit level across both bases to get them level with each other before adding further levels to them. Were your bases even before the weight of all those power supplies went on the left?

“I’ve sobered up a bit since the last photo. The Power Amps have been moved to the next room. I realised that too many equipment only clutter up the small room to the detriment of the sound.”

I have to say, it’s fab reading about the real high end stuff on here :slight_smile: Thanks to all who share the details!

Lovely low key photos.
Dashing

1 Like

Stunning pictures of an awesome setup.

I see you have located the Radikal PS at the bottom of the brawn stack. Was that a dealer recommendation, the result of listening or pragmatic (I guess it helps keep the burndies off the floor)?

Mine is on the brain side, but I don’t know if I have that wrong.

Keith

1 Like

Many thanks - I do try😊

In all seriousness, they have been very good to me over the years. Unfortunately dad is now partially sighted/blind so music (listening/playing the piano - his Bluthner is at the other end of the room) is one of the things he really enjoys.

1 Like

Thank you.

F**k! :star_struck:

1 Like

Yep, both bases were levelled with a long spirit levelbefore adding more shelves and boxes. The floor drops slightly to the Right, so the Fraim stacks had to risen using the Right hand side spikes to compensate.

I’ve seen a set up on here where they had their Radikal PS located in the same place but positioned side on as it makes it easier to connect. The Klimax case overhangs at the back so it is a PITA to connect up facing front on but can be done.

So no dealer recommendation but I did want to keep the PSUs on one side and having it on the base means the 500 above is kept further up but the Burndys still touch the floor so I use foam pipe insulation to keep them off.

I can’t say whether you’ve got it wrong but if it sounds good to you then go with what you’ve got.

Cheers, Rack.

:+1:t5:

May I ask what you use to clean the piano finish please?

My IOTA Alphas had the seam effect on me and the other half.

1 Like