System Pics 2021

Hydras were / are a neat solution and bought sonic benefit v multiple standard cables but then came power lines - from memory they were c£400 when first released and they delivered an upgrade to the sound and a significant one too - way more than the hydra.

You pay your money and make your choices I guess. It’s a shame the power lines have now reached the price they are - an over 50% increase in a relatively short time does feel a tad unreasonable to me……

H

3 Likes

Probably Just fancy ways of saying they designed a speaker with a natural sounding crossover, good quality parts and internal bracing.

James, it’s hard to say as it was part of a complete system change, but yes I swapped £4,000 of MusicWorks block and four Powerlines for a £170 Hydra and my world hasn’t fallen apart.

5 Likes

The great thing of these hydras is that they have an equal earthing arrangement - all tentacles are equally long and there is no worry which cable should be used to which device since it does not matter. I like it and have it.

3 Likes

+1 here.

And - Hydra’s are (compared to most other options…) quite cost effective. IMO - :sunglasses:

YMMV, its the Interwebzzzz…

Time for a picture, methinks.

38 Likes

Visited their web site. Very cool. I love the passion, I can see why you like the approach. I love ribbon tweeters.

1 Like

For me personally - my main reason of choosing a Niagara 1200 was around the additional protection it provided, whilst trying to minimise detrimental impact on SQ. For me, i wasn’t focused on it improving SQ per se, more about minimising negative impact.

Thanks. I like them because they are very fast, airy, and without any hardness or brightness. They don’t give the last word in bass, but it accommodates me very well as my room is not so big.

1 Like

Love your decor Nigel.
Beautiful room.

I see Isoblue… I like… :blush:

A picture of my new Harbeth C7es3-XD without the grilles.

39 Likes

They are lovely looking speakers.

Thank you HH!

What finish is that Daniel? Oak? Ash? Looks great.

Thanks. The finish is Tamo ash.

1 Like

Hi Daniel,
What speaker cables did you choose at last?
Bye
David

Hi David. I have Tellurium Q Ultra Black II.

1 Like

Oh, great cables!
Thanks Daniel,
Bye
David

1 Like

Whilst I have my beloved main Naim system in my study/listening room and a couple of Muso’s in the living areas of my home, I’m also quite happy with the system I installed in my garage today consisting of a second hand stereo receiver I picked up for a small amount, a node streamer I had lying somewhere plus the first set of speakers I ever owned, DM 14s dating back to 1984 which were a generous present from my mum on the occasion of graduating from school. Circular economy :blush:

21 Likes