System Pics 2021

Save your money, enjoy the ignorance.

7 Likes

You’re so right, if wireless is working and you’re experiencing no issues then there’s no reason to look at switches etc.

2 Likes

Managed to locate a used Fraim level for the ND5XS2 (top right) that was previously plonked on top of the 300PS, now complete :grin:

Left stack
DAVE
300HU
Mscaler

Right stack
ND5XS2
300PS
SCDR

Happy days.

31 Likes

How does the ND5 XS2 sound through the M Scaler/Dave? Is it a better combination (in your view) that the equivalently priced NDX2?

What does a switch do? My NDX uses an ethernet cable connected to my router. What else is needed?

I’d start here (quite a few similar threads in the streaming section on switches, cables etc)

Plenty of reading material over there to save diverting the system pics thread :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Nice to see the odd picture :+1:

3 Likes

Xmas pic time. No system changes for some time now.

21 Likes

Keen to hear about this too

Nice Phil!
We have a Norwegian wood burner Jotul.
Definitely adds to the enjoyment…
Cheers
Mark

1 Like

It’s unfortunate how many people get scared off by this insane switch and cable craze. Anyone obviously can play around with it if they want but it’s like VTA obsession on a TT. It still sounds good with wifi or a regular basic quality switch, just like you can play vinyl without changing the VTA for every record.

4 Likes

Its been a while since i posted on the Naim forum. In our holiday home, currently enjoying music streamed from an Auralic Altair G1 into my recently serviced NAC42N, NAP110 and Wharfedale Diamond 220s. I love the room I have here, acoustically it beats hands down the room where we have the main system. CD player is a marantz CD 67SE which I will use as a transport and digital out to the Auralic.

20 Likes

Hard to describe in words but as a transport the ND5XS2 delivers the goods.

ND5XS2/MS/DAVE is excellent especially on 44/16 CD rips, captivating! I’m sat here listening to Peter Gabriel the depth of the sound is incredible, sounds daft but if I closed my eyes and throw a stone between the speakers I could imagine the stone bouncing away into the distance…

I’ve not tried the NDX2 as a transport but as they both use the N800 board (not bothered about the screen) I guess the results would be similar feeding the Chord kit.

2 Likes

nothing. Don’t believe the hype.

5 Likes

It’s the first day of Advent and time for the re-emergence of Happy Eternity Baby.

20 Likes

Nice. Like that one. Very creative.
Happy 1st December… :+1:

Could wrap tinsel around the leads?

1 Like

Steady on…

1 Like

Thank you, I’d better start saving - once my ND5 XS2 finally arrives!

Tinsel will attract EMF types waves and be detrimental to SQ.
I have heard Chord Cables have developed a suitable tinsel that will not attract such interference.