System Pics 2021

Yep… impressed… :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m not covetous at all, your tale of woe regards having to move all those components around has quite possibly cured my upgraditis. I do feel for your very obvious plight though; first COVID, now this… will it ever end?

Looks and must sound awesome, Graham - please keep the updates coming.

1 Like

Wonderful!

In a time of ever diminishing box count and lifestyle systems, it’s refreshing to see an active beast like this. Must have been hell to put together but I’m guessing the sounds coming out of it are more than worth the effort.

2 Likes

Actually I think this is likely the end of the road for me upgrade wise.

The only possible next steps would be to add S1 Power which would be mega expensive and require moving away from active speakers or changing the 300s for 500s which would also be mega expensive.

So since getting the ND555 earlier this year I decided to focus on the finer details to eliminate possible weak links, hence the better mains blocks and switch. They both made a significant difference.

2 Likes

It’s actually not that bad connecting everything up although it’s a lot of boxes and cables. But once you’re familiar with it, it’s time consuming but not overly complex.

1 Like

More cost in the Fraims than in my whole system, I think… :thinking:

You can stop now…

2 Likes

You joke but I was just thinking that my Atom cost more than the first house my folks purchased in the seventies.

1 Like

I think my parents house - a ‘semi’, bought new, in Coventry - was only £1,500 in the mid 50’s.

Thats a whole house.

Absolutely superb really nothing more one can say.

:slight_smile: yeah, think I am stopping now.

There’s also ten Powerlines amongst all of that…

You could always downsize… You could halve that lot and barely notice it… :rofl:

I do not have the space, the funds or the inclination, to go to that length. Just a single ‘stack’ on Isoblue, with a LP12 on a stand alongside. Modest improvements are still possible, but take some planning…

When I added up the new cost of my system I realised it was over twice what I paid for my house but now I come to sell the house and buy another the system is nearer half the cost. I may have to fund new speakers to cope with the plasterboard lined walls in the new one, the NBLs are not going to like it I suspect, though I’ll give them a try first.

Gaah! The symmetrical letter MUST BE placed in the centre: COD.

2 Likes

Yeah, well I think I would notice a big difference if I halved the boxes unless I went mono :slight_smile:

Which of course is entirely your prerogative!

1 Like

Beautiful! I have a Garrard 401/Aro/Troika/prefix in a Loricraft skeletal plinth, but I’d like a nicer looking plinth like yours.

When you say that your streamer is at the other end of the room, that’s something else from your ND555?

What @Graeme said …

Sorry, brain fade, I meant my NAS box. But it is part of the streaming solution :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks.

I’m still trying to get my head round streaming. I have an NDX but it seems there are so many others things to think about like switches

1 Like

Agree, no idea about switches and the like!!!

1 Like