System Pics 2021

Here is my main listening system:

and my second Olive system:

Both sounding superb :+1:

Latest additions are the Fyne F501 speakers for the Olive system (I did buy them for the main system but, in that room, they can’t get close to the Rega RS3’). The NAC62 in the Olive system is also recently back from WitchHat after getting the input selector serviced again, and a few of the cables have been upgraded at the rear so both systems are (pretty much) a full set of Flashback cables.

37 Likes

What was wrong with the input selector?

1 Like

It was serviced by WitchHat in 2017 but the previous owners (since new) had never used a turntable (it did not even have phono cards fitted) so the input on phono tended to need “twiddled” to get it running cleanly through both channels - all other inputs were fine.

Seems good now and will hopefully all run beautifully until I eventually find the cash and the right NAC82 and sell on the 62 :+1:

The phono boards came from Class A late summer and were also fully serviced before shipping so the 62 is in great shape.

Got the same issue with my 62. Selector knob has also move on the shaft and the previous owner has rounded the screw trying to put it right. Will be sending up to Class A to get sorted before going into a system for the child.

1 Like

Great idea - Darran can also replace the switch assembly he mentioned (but would not replace mine as had not been serviced by Naim)

Luckily Darren serviced this 62 five years ago for the previous owner

1 Like

My very first Naim system and “proper” hi-fi for more than twenty years (children are expensive!).

Speakers are also used in a 5.1.4 surround system, projector screen comes down in front of the TV.

Room is a bit bare at the moment, redecorating, new furniture etc.

Love seeing all the fantastic systems and rooms in here!

Mark

39 Likes

Looks like you are watching Howard Hawks’ Rio Bravo @Mark63…

1 Like

That was the other day but yes, a classic :slight_smile:

1 Like

Didn’t you just finished your job? You still haven’t changed from your santa claus uniform. :joy:

2 Likes

Hi I have a very similar system but replaced the CD555 w an ND555. Where does the radikal sit? I’m trying to liberate space for a 2nd PS555 without a third stack. My radikal sits below the LP12. Lovely photos…

LOL!!!
Nice one David!!!

Hi Doc. The Radikal is on the bottom shelf of the Right stack to keep it on the same side as the PSUs for the 555/552/500. I’ll admit it’s a PITA to connect up where it is but I wanted to keep the other PSUs up off the lower levels to help with cable dressing.

I’ve got 2 spare shelf levels on the Left hand side so if you have the same, you could put your Radikal on the that side but maybe not too close to the 552 as some say it like to have space around it. Then you could put a 2nd 555PSU on the Right hand side where the Radikal was sited.

Hope some of that helps!

Cheers, Rack. :+1:t5:

I commented quite a bit on my thread about 2x300 active or 1x500 as I was listening to the demo pair of 808s from some point in November 2020 I think.

I am not very good at describing what I hear - I am far better at hearing differences than putting them into words (just like my wife is better at naming flavours in coffee but I can identify “it’s different” more often). The simple and obvious answer is the 808s have a lot more scale / bass, but are still just as accurate / fast as the SL2s- with great boogie factor

I don’t think that is very helpful :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Beautifully devoid of visible cables.

What are your cables, Toon? All Linn and Naim except for the Phantom speakers cable ?

Thanks @jusphish Redecorating was a good opportunity to run cables behind the wall and under the new floor before I put it down. It’s not quite so tidy behind the unit, so still some work to do :smiley:

Nice, really like the finish on the speakers … blend of classic and modern :+1:

1 Like

Beautiful Titan 808’s! :+1:

Hello,

Here’s my humble contribution.

Nice sunday night in Canada, watching a close football game, listening with SN2/NDX Vienna acoustics Baby Grand Beethoven.
Happy new year !

30 Likes