System Pics 2021

Neat Petite? Don’t see many of those around. Never heard them, bet theybsound great.

I think they do! In theory the 300 is overkill for them, but they sound better and better the more quality power is put through them. It took 18 months for Neat to design them.

2 Likes

Lovely bit of kit

Last day off-work,just relaxing…

28 Likes

Hi Rushboy
They’ve only been in situ for three days so too soon for definitive response but I am really enjoying them. Still have a few hours needed to be fully run in but think they will be staying.

1 Like

Yes, I had the hot glue gun and some sticks to hand. There is a manual for repacking and rebuilding the NBLs, though it treats the tweeters and their mounting plate as one unit, likewise the complete bass module. There is no mention of the Hylomar blue between the tweeter and the plate for instance. I didn’t have any of that anyway so have put them together without, I don’t see any problem adding a bit later. My torque driver can just about go down to 0.8Nm. I only have a 4mm bit with me but if I pull it out, the socket of the driver is a good fit to the nuts.

Whilst I had the speakers on their backs I tried to re-torque the 6 socket screws on the bottom to 3.6Nm as per the manual, 4 went OK but the two at the back were so tight I couldn’t shift them without risking rounding the sockets, maybe an impact driver would but I didn’t fancy trying that so have left them tight.

1 Like

Obviously you can still get the Aries Mini which has an onboard DAC too on the used market I recently got one with an MCRU/LDA PSU for £400.

1 Like

I find I get better focus with a narrow gap, The manual suggests the thickness of a business card, I found the standard ones are still a bit too much but I have a couple that are a bit thinner from which I cut a feeler gauge to keep a check on it.

2mm seems very wide to me.

3 Likes

So lockdown has seen a nait xs2 upgraded to SN2 and neat sx3i to dynaudio evoke 10. Really pleased with system now

51 Likes

Not a lot has changed from last year box wise but have added another power line for the ndac a Witch Hat Morgana interconnect from the ndac to the XS2 and some Witch Hat Phamtom speaker cable and everything is sounding pretty good.

35 Likes

Lava lamp details if I may?

That’s a nice setup. Good to see some Isoblue too.

1 Like

No More Mr. Nice Guy

24 Likes

Nice system. I have the same Lava lamp but the liquid has gone totally clear.

2 Likes

Lovely looking room, and I approve of the colour coordination of trousers with wall and furniture.

1 Like

It’s an old mathmos one from my 30th birthday so 23 yrs old now! Still on original bulb too

4 Likes

59 Likes

Love it!

1 Like

Thank you. :slight_smile:

Thank you for clearifying ! I have been experimenting myself, but last time when I spoke to Frank, he recomended the credidcard gap.

Have just mounted a TKR i will check as well.