System Pics 2021

I’m not sure in which category I’d enter this.

28 Likes

How about the category for my HiFi is bigger than my TV

3 Likes

Welcome to the ever growing 808 club! They amaze me every day, simply stunning speakers.

What I often notice is that some of the ‘big’ systems on this thread seem to be in too small rooms. Big, exotic (read expensive) speakers shoved into corners.

It makes you think.

4 Likes

Did that really happen? :thinking::frowning:

2 Likes

Week just gets better . Sofa for listening room / cinema man cave turned up today after only 7 months of waiting !

73 Likes

That is bloody glorious!!!

Wow, what a fantastic place to relax and enjoy some music or a movie Mike… just great :+1:

Matt, I’ve just upgraded to the 808’s, I am very happy with them. These are the demo pair but I’ve ordered the same finish. I’ve also pushed to the 500 DR from the 300DR and currently talking to my excellent Naim dealer about pulling in the 552 and then I’m done!! :crazy_face:

57 Likes

If I may make so bold, with that system you really want to swap to full Fraim. If that MusicWorks block is directly onto the hard floor, stick a piece of carpet under it. You may be surprised.

2 Likes

SN2 as power amp is due to come out & be replaced with a 250

28 Likes

Well that escalated quickly! …great choices. Looks brilliant - and the space works really well. And playing some David Sylvian I see - also a great choice!

Impressions on the sound?

1 Like

Whenever @anon4489532 says “if I may make so bold…”, he is absolutely right!! My system and I owe him a debt of gratitude for making so bold a little while ago.

3 Likes

Thanks for the tip on the carpet. Could you help me better understand the potential sound improvement with the full fat Fraim. I’m always surprised with sound improvements from different elements so always an open mind. In advance thanks.

1 Like

I I’ve just put a call into my dealer to price full fat Fraim, I’ll hold my breath!

The Fraim just lets everything breathe. The music relaxes and just sounds right. It will be expensive but it absolutely forms the foundation for your system to give of its best. Don’t be tempted to add the glass and balls to your Lite, it’s simply not the same in a number of ways. You’ll also find that the boxes and legs line up better and overall it will look more balanced.

2 Likes

I wonder what I may have suggested. From your profile the system appears beautifully sorted.

Thank you. Will almost certainly make that decision, my dealer will take back the lite so a little less painful.

I took out an Isol8 Integra power station and replaced it with the musicworks block. What a transformation. I’ve upgraded my system quickly and while the Isol8 was good on my first Naim set up, as I’ve upgraded the sound had a brightness to it and was a little muffled. My dealer thought so too. I know many say to steer clear of mains conditioners, well through experience I can now say the same. The Isol8 is out for good.

1 Like

Fantastic, congratulations. Utopia Evos are at top of my list to check out when we move to our new house next year.

Now just find that little square of carpet.

1 Like