System Pics 2021

£995.00 not cheap

That is the cheap one…with the “peek” upgrade it is £1300. The G4 on limited sale at the moment is over £2 k.

It’s the MusicWorks Reflex Ultra G3.

And that extra £300 makes a difference that is difficult to believe until you hear it.

1 Like

That’s true. But the strange thing is that I got rid of mine, and my four powerlines, which cost £3,700 in total, and replaced it all with a £170 Grahams Hydra, and didn’t miss it for a second.

Isolation under a MusicWorks mains block ???!!!
Whatever next?

Best, BF

1 Like

What a great room - it looks like you’ve got all bases covered there! Hope the sofas comfy!

I just looked up Lisa Mills. Very nice easy listening.
Thanks for sharing Nigel. More of those?

Yes…Strange look from my wife on that sparkly bottom upgrade😉

2 Likes

It gets worse than that BF, this is my G3 before the sparkly bottom. I wanted to understand how no boundary contact ( floor) would work. So out came the knicker elastic and it got suspenders off the Fraim stacks. Interestingly it was concluded, that it had to have a floor contact yet a soft one to sound its best. One of those little wonders that had to be verified… :crazy_face::joy: Best Peter

13 Likes

So the Mrs found some knicker elastic on the floor of the car and you had to come up with an explanation. Nice one. :grinning:

10 Likes

You need to try the S1 suspended by knicker elastic it sounds sublime😁

3 Likes

Wow, seems like only yesterday you had a 282/HC!!

Now those would require big pants!

1 Like

That seems perfectly sensible, moderate even Peter :upside_down_face: :flushed: :joy:

I’m surprised that you didn’t keep it that way :grinning:

1 Like

In above configuration it made the system sound a bit dull somehow. Yeah, I know… :face_with_head_bandage::face_with_hand_over_mouth: Best Peter

1 Like

Give Amos Lee a try, any of his albums, they are all great IMHO.

2 Likes

You told your wife?!?

1 Like

Damn….I can’t unsee that now!

So glad you concluded the knicker elastic suspension was a failure, as I had visions of me diving into the wife’s drawers and sorting out my sparkly bottom.

What would the uninitiated make of all this?!?

4 Likes

@NigelB I don’t think I have ever seen a more apt avatar applied to a reply to a thread as that one Nigel :slight_smile: