System Pics 2021

Is it based on the lite version of the Naim mains cable?

Well Nigel, anything that goes to inject a bit of new life into the bedroom antics during Lock Down, I’d say! :partying_face::wink: ATB Peter

Ohh…err…missus!

That’s the trouble with double entendres, the wrong meaning is often adopted.

Thanks, that seems a nice simple solution.

My small humble system.
Bluesound node 2-i > flashback rca-din> Naim nait 5-i> qed xt silver anyversary> q acoustics concept 20.

54 Likes

The Hydra uses standard mains leads. The Powerline Lite is simply a standard lead with a fancy mains plug.

1 Like

Very nice - nothing humble about that at all !

3 Likes

Thanks!

Was something missing in the musical result, were you missing with the LITE?
Did you make a comparison between the two versions, before ordering the second version?
In my experience, on my system, there was no hearing difference …

really like that floor lamp…

2 Likes

No comparisons made, nothing really missing with the Fraim Lite on existing set up but I’ve ordered a new 552/500 combo and with the nd555 and 552 set up the Fraim full fat is the obvious match.

2 Likes

How do you find the q acoustics
Are they the ones with the gel layers in the cabinet

1 Like

Added a level of Quad 4 Evo I had in storage and the experimentation with isolation continues with various isoacoustics products!

33 Likes

I’m all for experimentation, but pinching the Mrs knicker elastic…:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

tenor

Expect the System Pics police will be up in arms any moment…

4 Likes

I love em actually. They are the ones with the gel layered dead cabinets. IMHO you can’t get any better for the money. I wil upgrade in time but im planning to keep these gems for sure.

1 Like

Apologies for slow response. The Kudos 707’s are great speakers and go really well with Naim, so I was hoping the 808’s wouldn’t be good enough to warrant the outlay for the upgrade. It took me two hours of listening to put the order in for the 808’s, WOW!! It takes everything on several levels not just a couple. I could talk about detail/better base/better control etc etc etc, they do all that better than the 707’s but the most fundamental improvement, which I have never heard before with any of my set ups, is that there is a massive sound stage. It takes the space I have and seems to push it out a couple of times more. They are very special.

They made the decision for me to push to 500 series amplification which Pete, my Naim dealer, is installing on Monday, fortunately they have stock. I’ve also put an order in for the full fat Fraim. I think the 808’s deserve it.

2 Likes

Done and it does make a positive difference! Crazy! Thanks to you and @PeterR

7 Likes

I notice you have two 555 PS on your ND555, my current 555 PS is the dealers personal unit, I’m waiting for mine from Naim. When it arrives I’m keeping both for a while to demo two vs one. Interested on your take?

Also, if i may, I know I waxed lyrical about the isol8, I swapped out for the musicworks reflex ultra G3, it might be worth a try.

Isol8 to Musicworks reflex ultra G3…any change for better sound?