System Pics 2021

After a bit of re-arrangement, I’m back to Fraim of equal heights which appeases my sense of OCD so that all is well in my world again.

Needing both vinyl and CD sources at the top of the stack presented a problem with keeping brains and brawn separate. For a while now I have had two and four level stacks which grated on my nerves. The problem was that if I moved a power unit to the brains side the whole system went bonkers and buzzed liked a chainsaw. I finally got round to trying the XPS on the brain side in the hope it would work and yay, it did.

Two stacks of equal height, brain and brawn slightly mixed but without sending the system in to a frenzy, and as far as I can tell, no loss of sound quality,

94 Likes

Your carpet is too clean! :wink:

3 Likes

I thank you! :wink:

2 Likes

Fraim looks much nicer when its the same height, i too have played around with my fraim at different levels and like you found my OCD meter went into the red.
Looks great by the way

2 Likes

That really looks the business @Dunc and I bet it sounds even better. Good job. My money’s on there being a S1 perched somewhere in there by this time next year :ok_hand:

That’s a lovely system Graeme. The Olive kit looks great on the Fraim.

1 Like

Love the way it height and color matches your other piece on the left too. Very nice

2 Likes

Looks great Graeme and nothing wrong with ol’ OCD- usually makes the system sound better :+1:t3: Enjoy Peter

3 Likes

That’s a nice neat looking system.

1 Like

No Dave, the S1 doesn’t really interest me, if i ever swap my 552, it will be with my 500 as well, as i already have its successor in my view, it just costs more than i want to pay, or i might go down the supper integrated, one box, as simplicity going forward would be great, especially if it sounds great.

3 Likes

Amazingly neat…

Although, slightly disappointed that the the gap between the middle of the fraims, seem slightly different between the bottom and the top shelf’s…
hoping it’s just an ‘error of parallax’ :joy:

1 Like

I thought you’d been down that road already. Wasn’t it Vitus or some other high end integrated you had and then went back to the the 552/500 pre DR?

I agree it looks odd. Just checked everything - all shelves are level in all directions. Three leg columns are plumb, while the fourth is out by less than 1mm. The difference in the gap between the two units from top to bottom is out by 0.6mm

I think as I put the boxes on the shelves and did final adjustments, the shelves have moved ever so slightly from their center point. I’ll re-adjust them tomorrow and see if looks better…

1 Like

Don’t know if this will help?

But my rack was ever so slightly out and my engineer friend advised me to change the bubble on my spirit level…
I changed it and now bang on plumb!

2 Likes

:rofl:

Seriously thou looks amazing!

Show us the cables at the back! That’s the bit I struggle with!

Ps love to hear a set of 135s !
Bet they are amazing

5 Likes

Yes i had the vitus sia025 mk2 on home demo, that was before i got my 552 serviced and DR’ed, almost let them go.
But i have a few different things i want to try maybe.

That’s right. I remember now. What have you got in the Dunc cross hair now?

Nice to see a picture under this heading!

5 Likes

That’s for a different day
But I do keep an eye out for one off the items coming up secondhand, but they don’t seem to ever come up

1 Like