System Pics 2021

I understand to your Melco…do you rip your cd,s collection with D100 ripper or any Naim ripper or dpower software?

After being quiet long time …you are strongly back into forum business…welcome back

1 Like

Yes, I was just thinking and wondering about the Rooster the other day…content de te revoir!

1 Like

Melco does the rip- you just plug in the ripper via USB…

Thanks guys. I am in the holiday train. It helps to be a keyboard warrior :laughing:

3 Likes

I do the same…plug my plextor burner via USB …i used before this plextor as a burner and a ripper into my pc via USB…i realized i`m getting better ripping straight to Melco

I agree, it’s a very impressive piece of kit. I was very dubious when I initially purchased mine but so glad I did, the only down side was re-ripping all of my CD’s!

1 Like

Inspired by an Olive thread post here is my latest tidy little system

Apologies for the shaky phone pic.

36 Likes

Which Audiovector model is this?

S3Avantgarde.

That‘s the point😂 ripping takes time, I decide to rip only my fav. CDs for now…and the ones I bought today:-))) Pogorelich CD box set, Uchida Mozart Sonatas…

1 Like

We have been away, camping in the soggiest field in Soggyland. When you are away you can forget how enjoyable it is to listen to music on your stereo. Now we are back home and it’s all sounding rather lovely.

45 Likes

Did you happen to see Baldric in the soggy field, sounds like the sort of place he would enjoy a holiday?

2 Likes

Ok, they look Nice. I have Si3 Super but I am looking for a pair of Si3 Avantgarde or Si3 Avantgarde Arette. Why did you remove the spikes?

Look even nicer than your previous system. I hope you enjoy your new purchase :grinning:

Some of the spike sockets were loose when I bought the speakers (second hand) so I just put on some felt pads instead, which also makes it easier moving the speakers around. Not the ideal hi-fi solution, but practical.

I like the lighting above the speaker.

That’s the problem. Why we keep upgrading. We get used to how it sounds and it becomes the norm.

Your system sounds at it’s best when you haven’t heard it for a while. Listening to it for the first time after being away is amazing!

4 Likes

Went from cds2/xpsdr to ndx /xpsdr.
Very close with slight edge to ndx2 on hi res tracks.
Then replaced xpsdr with 555dr ps… now ndx 2 sounds better all around.
Never tried the 555dr ps on cds2 since I sold cds2 to help finance the 555dr.
Don’t miss the cds2 one bit
David

2 Likes

Falcon or Graham LS3/5 speakers?