System Pics 2021

@frenchrooster i notice you have an EAR yoshino amplifier. How does this sound with a Naim source? The designer of my speakers uses them so I am sure it would be a match for my speakers. I am considering a long term goal of an EAR integrated + NDX2.

2 Likes

you need to get the drainage sorted in the lower field tedā€¦(fast show ref in case!)

1 Like

Hi Mark,
I find that Naim and Ear is a great match, there is a real synergy. You have bombastic and visceral dynamics, no syrupy or old romantic sound of tubes. The ear adds colours and refinement too.
I use RCA to DIN between the Nds and Ear ( chord signature cable).
I tried the Ear V12 integrated and was very surprised at how good it sound, really.

4 Likes

removed

That is exactly what I was hoping for. Also what I imagined. Thank you for the reply. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Would you choose the v12 over a SN3?

Letā€™s try to stick to posting pictures on this thread please. Feel free to start a new topic for any further discussion.

11 Likes

Thereā€™s something about the look of Kans that I still find really appealing. You have an interesting selection of kit (and systems) in your profile !

removed

1 Like

A gentle reminder people from the thread opening: post pictures of our beloved systems and just minor diversions if we canā€¦

Iā€™m just waiting for a new 250 and full Fraim level for the NDX2, then the Rega 3 will go back on top of the rack and the end game has played out bar a bit of turntable tweaking and maybe a better power cable for the bluray player.

25 Likes

Lots of black Naim boxes

The CB NAT 01 is magical even without a massive aerial

25 Likes

Ok, then I understand. The spike sockets are a problem on the AV 3 series. Due to its exposed placement under the speaker base, especially at the front edge, they often break or come loose, at the slightest strain. Fortunately it does not affect the sound to any great extent if you then replace them with pads or something similar, but it is a bit annoying I think.

@naim_that_tune, are you still using the Stratus 7 mains cable with the Matrix 2 power strip? Are you happy with that mains cable in the end?

Thanks,
David

Me, yes. But we canā€™t pursue hereā€¦sorry

1 Like

Hello David, yes still using it and happy with it although it wasnā€™t that easy to detect the improvement there is one particularly in quieter backgrounds. We will be moving later this year and I plan to get a dedicated radial/consumer unit for the hifi (once I have worked out where to put it in the new living room!)

1 Like

Understood. :wink::rooster:

2 Likes

More pictures !!!

Three generations of Naim gear

I live deep in rural Berkshire ( a village of about six-eight square miles , population 350) and broadband that isnā€™t that good. I will have the radio on for hours at a stretch and at the moment itā€™s my main source for music. So the NAT03 is a reserve , against drops out that can be an irritant.

When I joined this forum my first post was whether people wanted to downsize and why?

My then seven box system of CDX2, Magnum Dynalab and 200 etc was very difficult to get at , the speakers were PMC FB1. So reduction in box count and speaker size.

The system produces more than a decent sound -very delicate sadly a little lacking in timbre and bass -but I put that own to the size of the speakers and their sensitivity.
I have a cracking blu-ray player

an excellent Cd player and a record player I am smugly happy with .

The green box contains my favourite CDs, I have (at this stage) opted not to go with a streaming service preferring to buy CDs , but the radio is superb.

Mistakes , I shouldnā€™t have been so harsh on the SN3 , where driving the P3ESR , I think it would have been better in my more compact sitting room than the dealerā€™s cavernous room .

12 Likes

Which TT is that? ClearAudio somethingā€¦?

1 Like

Boulder integrated amp is really interesting to me

2 Likes

Richard are you using the ndac driven spdif with the core?