System Pics 2021

Bjorn, you’re right, fixing my oversight - please advise the JAS 39s Gripens to abort the mission and return to base! :sweden: :sweden: :sweden:

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::ok_hand: Will do!:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Spot the difference.

10 Likes

Mmmmm two little black boxes , must be for headphones methinks :flushed:

Big question is though - where is the TT going ???

2 Likes

552 in for the 252?

1 Like

I dunno but your Naim boxes are like rabbits

3 Likes

That storage box looks familiar - here’s a picture of my 1988 NAC62 on top of the same design, taken when I was selling my preamplifier 20+ years ago!

16 Likes

It’s the only bit of IKEA I’ve ever been able to successfully assemble, it only had 6 pieces. :rofl:

6 Likes

You’re correct a unboxed headphone amp plus a brand new PS.

You should get the napsc as far from the Headline as possible. Pop it on the floor round the back.

1 Like

Cheers, I was thinking of hiding it under the ikea table.

That would be perfect.

1 Like

The 52 & SC have gone to Salisbury for a service/vacation (hopefully just a short break) so the 72 has stepped back in to work its magic.

And before someone mentions it, the sockets are not equidistant from the end/corner of the wall, the system is central. :grinning:

20 Likes

I hadn’t thought of that, but I did wonder why you are running the P8’s signal leads and power lead together, as it’s a very bad idea. I also wondered whether those cable lifters, which look completely daft, make the slightest difference.

2 Likes

I’ve tried the TT signal and power leads separated and together and I’ve not noticed any difference in SQ it sounds beautiful either way and this way looks tidier too! The cable lifters were a project for my elderly father, I’m really happy how they have turned out and its great to know he has had an input in my hobby. So they make a significant difference to me.

31 Likes

It was all coming along nicely, a lovely NDS, a long sought after 555DR… But then life had to intervene.

Anyway, after the divorce, exchanged my Dynaudio X38 for a pair of lovely Special 40s and couldn’t be happier. Everything is so much better, including the low end.

Not to mention the peace and quiet around the house. :upside_down_face:

71 Likes

Why is it that you often have to make these disrespectful comments? I know you’ll probably say you think they look daft and that you’re entitled to your opinion, but saying “I also wondered whether those cable lifters make the slightest difference” would have gotten the same message across without being disrespectful.

40 Likes

This is really nice. How lovely to have his input into something you enjoy so much. Rather puts the need to explain following up from a snarky comment into perspective.

22 Likes

Thanks Mike! My father recently made a “now playing” stand for my vinyl sleeves which has proved to be very useful too.

32 Likes