System Pics 2021

Maybe that was an attempt to say “politely” that you shouldn’t waste their time if you don’t have the beans to buy…

However this is missing the possibility that not being able to afford Statement doesn’t mean that a potential customer won’t buy something else.

My dealer lent me his S1 Pre while he was on his Christmas holiday. I made it very clear that I was not going to buy one because I didn’t want to waste his time. He was fine with that (and understood I genuinely wasn’t going to buy one).

I then ended up buying one :grinning:

23 Likes

Yeah, funny that! :+1:t3: Enjoy Peter

5 Likes

It’s not very kind. Do you say that they guessed, from Znai looking, that his bank account is not enough full to be a possible buyer ?
Are you wearing a suit and tie when you visit a dealer ?

2 Likes

This in spades. It’s the wrong approach. I emailed from France to the UK about a possible cartridge and didn’t buy it. Since then that dealer has had my order for Node, D9.2’s, phono PSU and 552DR. No doubt when we move and the 500DR becomes possible I will be speaking to him again.

The NZ dealer approach wouldn’t have even received the Node order.

3 Likes

Agree completely. But it’s true that a poor demo is worse than no demo. But it should be based on not wanting to give a poor demo. Absolutely not because the dealer makes a judgement about intent to purchase, or worse, ability to purchase. A non judgemental and helpful approach may gain custom down the line. In any case, it’s a nicer way to live.

3 Likes

I have had dealers accommodate my ‘not quite standard’ requests and they often end up with a sale, even if it didn’t turn out to be the D’Agostino amp I was drooling over!

It’s only @anon39880737 surmise that the dealers assessment of his means was a factor rather than just the lack of a good enough source.
Given the number of the global rich buying up property in NZ recently any dealer jumping to such a conclusion on first contact could be risking his future sales. I suspect it’s more to do with the source.

Is this like Julia Roberts shopping on Rodeo Drive ?

3 Likes

I guess , but it’s too long I have seen last the movie.

Think it was on ITV6 (or similar). I turned on just at the Rodeo Drive moment.

I’m naturally a very scruffy person, and often do wonder when walking into shops what the assistant might think. Mentioning no naims, but our local hifi dealer in Brighton has never turned me away, no matter high scruffy I look :grinning: (including one sweaty gymware visit!)

5 Likes

I have a friend in Dallas whose dad only wears jeans and t-shirts, and has a pony tail. But he is a multi-millionaire; owns tons of property. Back in the 90s he went to a Jaguar dealer and was treated as though he was below their standard…couldn’t get the time of day from the salesman.

He made sure he dropped by that same Jag dealership about a week later to show the salesman his new $70K Mercedes he had just purchased.

8 Likes

what is the name of this new series ?

after Chrome Bumper, Olive, Black, this one is ?

Black & White ?

:smiley:

I luv the white logo

With the change in NZ distributors, they won’t be able to sell any Naim after next Wednesday :flushed:……

Yes I agree, it was reasonable to expect it to have a cracking source. My post was meant more tongue in cheek: I’ll add a clarification.

What a coincidence! Me too.

Oh. There ends the comparison.

I apologist for sending the thread off on a customer service tangent! Time for more system pictures.

4 Likes

Greetings from Toronto, and apologies for sub-par iPhone pics, but I feel like sharing after my last system upgrade from Naim Allaes to Xavian Corallo Esclusivos. The SN2 is making these infinite baffle gems sing in my small, challenging listening room. Happy Sunday, happy listening! :canada: :uk: :czech_republic: :it:

51 Likes

Very nice setup! Congrats and have fun …

1 Like

Thank you!

Looks very nice and I guess you are happy with the sound but you forgot the Swedish flag…:sunglasses: