System Pics 2021

Whilst it’s in my head, what acoustic panels do you have for your room treatment?
Did you do any room calculations up front to define your requirement before selecting and fitting?

People are different today. A lot are complaining today about the number of socks in the system pics. Or about legs….
But I tried to joke about that, referring to older socks and legs posts here.
All that is futile. No problem at all.

Your system and room is wonderful. Specially the gorgeous tubes amps.
They are made by Bespoke audio, it’s that ?
So you have a passive pre ?

Bespoke meaning: custom made.
Room was set up using the Cardas room measurement and placement guidelines.
Brand of traps is “Realtraps,”
Placement 50% math 50% by ear…
MN

2 Likes

Pre is also tube based
Mn

@Onthlam- good to see you posting again…I remember when you were starting your speaker build and amplifier plans. The units look great and I’m sure sound the same if they have met your criteria…

2 Likes

Goodbye Fraim, which rather dominated the room and clashed with the speakers, hello Isoblue Special Branch.

46 Likes

Is it a down grade in SQ or does it just sound different? It does look nice though.

1 Like

It is a smart looking room/space

I certainly can’t say it sounds worse, but with my hearing I’m not a particularly reliable witness these days. The objective was to have something smaller and more discreet. We didn’t really like the silver Fraim legs, but when I tried the black they made everything too stripey.

It’s certainly nice to not see all the cables behind, when looking from the side. Fraim is quite large and was ok beside the SL2s, but with the tiny Tablettes it looked a bit out of proportion. I’m listening to an ECM album now, and it sounds absolutely wonderful. I’ve been considering getting a new rack for a while, looked into a good few and finally plumped for this. I think it’s a really nice compromise between looks and ultimate sound quality.

14 Likes

congrats HH.
Looks… different. And quite pleasant.
It never occurred to me, but is there a market for second hand fraim?
(other words, is it easy to sell?)

1 Like

That’s how I bought mine.

That’s something I will doubtless find out. No references to things for sale are permitted on the Forum, of course.

1 Like

distracted: small details that sometimes make a difference and allow savings.
(well done , by the way.)

1 Like

Mine was secondhand, though you will be hard pushed to sell the standard legs…….mine are in a box in storage.

1 Like

:wink:
Hope everything runs smooth.
(yes of course, regarding sales ref.)

I know it’s all about opinion (and it is early days for you with this one) but I think that looks lovely, and nicer than the Fraim.

3 Likes

Thanks, that’s really nice of you.

1 Like

Congratulations!!! I think the isoblue looks neater and suit your room with those tiny tablette 10. I’ve also ordered some to support my gears into the tab 10 signature - following your steps again. :grin:

I had the same, very easy to setup and live with and do fit in splendedly.

Are you keeping the 555DR

The new stand looks nice too