System Pics 2021

39 Likes

Do you run a digital coax cable from the tv to the ND5XS?

I certainly do, works brilliantly.

1 Like

I see a solid-sounds rack. Nice… I have one too.

2 Likes

You are french or is it google translate Gary?
Or from Québec ?
But I understand completely, and thanks!
Just wondering because it’s not a french expression I am used to. You mean « I love the thing « ?

Nice room and set-up. Out of interest and as a Loewe fan, which model of TV do you have?

Regards
Alex

The kerrs remind me of PMC fact 8’s. Never heard ATC’s although quite a few mention them. At the moment I want to ascertain if I want to go floor or stand mount, now the Kudos’s have warmed up they are starting to sound good, maybe a bit more tweaking with placement. Either way the Kanta’s don’t work so that’s a decision made.

606’s coming Wednesday and I may try the linn again as my dealer seemed convince it would work well with the sound optimisation software - trouble is Naim just has the slam and punch that nothing else really creates…… I’ll report back!

All options are open to me as Mrs FC is very accommodating! The wall where the fraim is is actually the same size as the wall where the speakers are so the window problem persists either way, the curtains are behind the speaker which I suspect does help. The sound is only problematic when the volume is past 9.00 - to be fair I mostly listen at below that but when I do crank it up I want it to be able to cope! I wonder if I need a little treatment on the back wall behind the listening position.

1 Like

Thanks Alex, I was always a Sony fan as I work in Post production, but Loewe have won me over with the build quality and audio. It is the Bild 3.43 DR+, the picture isn’t quite as good as the top range Sony of similar size but it’s perfectly acceptable.

Built my second Fraim shelf yesterday to get the RP8 back in the system and in preparation of taking receipt of a Solstice later this year.

Unfortunately both Chord ICs are 1m long and are too short to work in this configuration. Fortunately I still have my lovely Lavender so I could could listen to the CDX2 when done! Separating out the brawn from the brain and paying more attention to cable dressing really improved the sound.

41 Likes

Loving the Olive! The 52 really is a special amp.

Thank you. With Solstice above and below the CDX2 and Olive on the right, I think it will look pretty cool😎

Speakers:

19 Likes

I only see feet.

We have the Loewe too, I believe the Art UHD or so. It is the build quality what was the reason. It’s heavy and in our kids busy family something not solid would not live for a long time. 4 years and counting now …

FR, can I ask why your speakers seem to be raised so far off of the ground.
From the photo it certainly looks like in your seating position, your head/ears wouldn’t alige with the tweeter unless you are about 8ft tall?
Or is this an optical illusion? :crazy_face:

1 Like

It is certainly weighty, the metal stand is heavier than the entire Sony it replaced. I think it was a combination of the build and the tv features along with pretty decent audio which persuaded me.

1 Like

Interesting looking Ruark speakers - I’ve not seen those before. What model are they ?

I would normally put the 52 in the left brain rack, but with the separation with an empty shelf between the 52 and 250 it works nicely. Olive on right.

All looking lovely. Well done!