System Pics 2021

Bargain deal

hello, I’m interested in your Jadis + sonus faber set, I own sonus faber as well.
I listen to classical and pure instruments for over 70% over all
I’m wondering what type of musics do you usually listen to ?
how do you compare the sound between jadis and naim for classical musics.

The Nait XS2 in the “What was the last bit of gear you bought?” thread inspired me to post of photo of my updated system. A pre-loved Nait XS2 (combined with a Naim DAC and Waversa WStreamer) replaced my UQ2 earlier this year

45 Likes

NDac into Nait XS into Iota Alphas must be very nice. Congratulations.

Nice. Hope it was a good one!

1 Like

It is indeed. I am also feeding the sound from the TV (and SkyQ receiver) into the DAC. Such a versatile device.

1 Like

Your fantastic set up makes me feel quite abstemious - just a plain 500 system

1 Like

I second that request

Oh Lordy! Can you talk us through the whole system? That looks amazing!

2 Likes

28 Likes

Oh wow

2 Likes

I hope you have enough amplification to suit your needs! :wink:

Quite a system - I am sure it sounds amazing!

2 Likes

I listen to all types of music, from jazz to blues to metal to classical to prog…all good. The SF’s and the Jadis amps are a match made in heaven IMO. My experience with Naim is limited, but since they are a ss design, I suspect that they are a different ‘flavour’ to Jadis. I own a Rowland model 8T that Jeff modded for me, it is a brute of a ss amp, and it is probably closer to what the Naim gear sounds like(although without my Rowlands’ immense headroom and drive ability) . Unless you hear these products for yourself, you won’t likely know what I am referring to when I say a different ‘flavour’.
I have listened to a lot of tube designs, IME Jadis amps are at the top of the heap…you just have to know which ones work best with your speakers, upstream gear…and most importantly, your room.

2 Likes

Hey, I have a UnitiQute as well!! X)

Cracking system, ta for sharing it!

3 Likes

Great to see your XS2, remember the thread about it :slight_smile:

Looks like a lovely room to enjoy it in too!

1 Like

I demoed once for Ja30 with Jadis pre match other brand’s speakers in an audio store. ( I took a picture)

It was beautiful for classical musics. Felt I’m sitting in the center of a concert , very live like . But they don’t have sonus faber in that store.

My current system is Amati tradition , McIntosh tube and solid hybrid integrated , naim streamer .

8 Likes

Heck, that looks like an awful lot of weight on that TT wall bracket? Looks like a really nice setup though!

Wow… a full Naim AV system… NICE! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

That looks pretty Dutch, is that right RLI?

Great socks. Where is the good old “socks” thread?

1 Like