System Pics 2021

Great socks, from where?

Nice photo. I wouldn’t have thought Acapella’s would be that great a match to Jadis, but the horn is easy to drive. SF’s are far more capable when it comes to imaging precision than Acapella’s…so if you thought you were in the center of a concert with those horns, with the SF’s you are more up close and personal…leading to a great feeling of the ‘gestalt’ of the music. If you are shopping Jadis, I highly recommend listening to their new gear…the Mk2’s versions. The older gear is a little too warm and not as resolving, IMHO.

1 Like

Thanks for the informations.
Make sense , that’s why those big floor standing speakers are only using Ja30 to drive them.
I guess Amati will need Ja80 to dive them properly or something.
I checked the price of Ja80mk2 with Jp80 set , the total coast is not far away compare to naim 500series nap500dr +nac552dr.
Some series investment.

Have you heard these 2 systems in person ?

Have you considered Kaleidescape?

I have heard the JA80mk2 with the JP80, they are very good. The Jadis amps, like all amps in my experience, are not necessarily better in their higher powered version. If you can drive your Amati’s with the lower powered amps, that would be better. The 80’s can definitely drive your speakers. The Naim combo you mention, I have not heard. Naim gear really doesn’t sound like Jadis gear…to my ears…YMMV.

1 Like

That explained why Ja30 , ja80 are very high ranking on google reviews. But Ja100 is only ranked 2 starts and owners are really disappointed.

Your Guarneri and Ja30mk2 are very well matched. You use Nordost speaker cables right ? Should be very transparent and crispy.

I will try to go more demos with Jadis.

Do u think jadis interpreted will also work very well with Amati ? Or better be separates ?

Interpreted ( integrated) units from Jadis have the potential to drive the Amati’s. What they won’t do is give you the image exactitude, or separation, that mono blocks are so adept at. The combo that I use…Jadis tube mono blocks and a CAT preamp ( tube) is a tried and proven match. When it comes to preamps, I prefer the CAT to the Jadis on the preamp side.

1 Like

Understood .
What the difference between jadis pre and Cat preamp ?

Simply fantastic!

1 Like

You ask an interesting question…Jadis preamp is not anywhere near as dynamic or resolving as the CAT SL1 Renaissance BPX. IME, there are no tube based preamps that have superior SQ to the new CAT’s.
Again, if you get a chance to hear the current CAT line, I recommend you do so. Every a’phile should seek out and listen to Ken Stevens’ new line…they are revelatory.

1 Like

What a wonderful sight that is, well done sir, the Queen should honour you!!

1 Like

Pictures folks, pictures….

6 Likes

Ok James. Now the nights are drawing in…

41 Likes

Stunning…not the speakers or equipment, but landscape, i love it.

1 Like

I just googled. It’s around $30000 ?
I will check with some audio stores in vancover to see if they have this on demo.

You prefer the sound of cat SL1 more then JP80 and audio research preamp right,
How did you demo Cat + Jadis + sonus faber all tougher ? You took back for a home demo ?

All of those brands are in different audio stores from where I live.

1 Like

Good god all that for linn isobariks?

1 Like

They are seriously modified, I have listened to 3 types Focals and Ovator 800 with Statement and did not like them so I will happy listen to the system as is. I did notice the Bricks sung after going from NAP500 to Statement.

3 Likes

A hifi at the price of a average uk house, I would sincerely hope so. :wink:

1 Like

That doesn‘t surprise me that Focal and Ovator 800 didn‘t impress you. I personal prefer speakers wich are based on the Isobarik principales. Will be interesting to see how a Titan 808 performs in your setup.

2 Likes