System Pics 2021

I am not sure what size or expense has got to do with how well the Nova can drive such speakers. Provided that the speakers chosen do not present a difficult load for the Nova amplifier, which is pretty competent i.m.o. there should be no problem. Some of the most expensive and largest speakers I have seen (both horn and cone types) are not difficult loads for an amplifier happily working with very low power Valve amps.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not disagreeing with you but there are others here who would.

The Atlas cables WERE recommended by my Naim dealer.

Need an Ndx2 to replace ipad!!

Sorry didnā€™t know how to get system pic in the right topic

41 Likes

Thatā€™ll do nicely!

Merged for you with the existing thread.

Great system and loving the look of the speakers.definitely replace the iPad as a source :smiley:

1 Like

Lovely room.

The mirror looks a bit precarious being supported by just a cushion though.

17 Likes

Or, not unreasonably, Naim want to eliminate the variability of speaker cables by designing an end to end system and approach. Just a thought.

2 Likes

I joined the community in 2019 to get advice on buying a streamer and ended up buying cd5si and nait xs3.
The following year I upgraded the speakers and system rack.
Now in 2021 I have finally bought the nd5xs2.
I suppose next year I should consider upgrading the Axis. If only Naim made a turntable.

25 Likes

Oh, they have to leave some market share for others! :wink:

1 Like

I went to bed with this ā€¦

amnd woke up to this

IMG_0111

Blimey those NAIM elves work magic! :slightly_smiling_face:

62 Likes

Sometimes the system takes second place.

G

29 Likes

Nice and tidy system there.

1 Like

Welcome to the world of streaming. :+1:

1 Like

You old smoothy Graeme ā€¦

2 Likes

Looks like itā€™s getting cold in Scotlandā€¦

1 Like

That Ellam flex has some difficult faceting on the front that Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d like to attempt. Go for it if you feel confident. The drivers are definitely great units. My only recommendation would be to go as recent as possible. Obviously they incorporate more experience the later the designs. Also the bigger designs do need a bit of space to perform at their best in my exp.

1 Like

Exactly - " I am also certain that speakers such as the Kanta 2s will sound even better with Naim separates" yes- and thatā€™s where the ā€œargumentā€ liesā€¦ Does a Nova + Kanta sound really good? To my ears yes. Can the Kantas sound better with more power and better source? Of course. As I say, I demoā€™d quite a few speakers that were more of a match in terms of balance, capability and price (PMC, Dynaudio and others) but the Kantaā€™s gave me quite a lot more (particularly the tweeter) and their high sensitivity plays quite a part in this I think (plus the Nova is excellent).

4 Likes

Well said. You will most likely have greater satisfaction for longer with this setup than if you were to get what most would say is an ā€œideal pairingā€. You can be confident that you are getting the most out of your Nova, and if you wish to upgrade electronics at some point you donā€™t need a speaker change!

2 Likes