System Pics 2021

I have a battery powered red bike lamp (small but powerful) above the racking and did try some remote controlled battery lamps behind the speakers but not so keen at present - will spend more time over the winter
from the other side of the room I have a couple of these.

that can do this in various colours

[picture from internet]
more for use when I am recording or just for a lightshow in dark evenings.

5 Likes

Loving the lights, although for reasons of undeclared purchases, I try not to draw Mrs Roog’s attention to the ‘Stereo’. See it gets played down in all ‘quarters’, its just ‘a stereo’, goodness forbid that she finds out that the two black boxes at the bottom of my rack are a NAP 300DR and Googles it, she would never understand, pre-owned or not!

2 Likes

Love the effect, can I ask what the small globe lights are called, and where did you buy them please?

2 Likes

Exactly! “Looks at some of my shirts.”

Here is a pic that includes my recently acquired XPS-DR and Hicap-DR.
From the bottom up:
SN2
Digital PVR
XPS-DR
Hicap-DR with an Etheregen and it’s power supply
NDX 2

29 Likes

Is it me, or is the Naim logo attractive from every angle?

11 Likes

Only for as long as it stays green. I suspect those days are numbered.

3 Likes

Only because you are biased… :wink:

1 Like

I got mine in Argos a few years back - technically they were a kids bedroom light - can’t find them on the site now.

If you google laser sphere you should get a few options.

Thanks, I’ll take a look around.

1 Like

Posted earlier in the thread, ours was an Amazon purchase years ago…found the order, 2016 £20 - have a search for Semlos remote control ocean wave projector - it looks very similar, with added bonus of a remote!

1 Like

Easy for me - no lights at all is ideal.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for this info. I’ll have a search around.

1 Like

I hope you don’t mind me saying, but that’s a rather strange layout. You’d be better with the SN on the top or second shelf, and the XPS on the bottom.

7 Likes

hope not.

1 Like

I like no lights too

1 Like

Hard to avoid the green ones.

Thanks… Looking for a preloved ndx2 at a good price😊 also I have been looking at shunyata alpha v2 speaker cable, their power chords are very good so wanted to try speaker cable buy not sure if it is safe on a naim sytem

Just ask the manufacturer for the inductance and capacitance figures so that you can compare them with NACA5 and that will tell you what you need to know.

Erm…