System Pics 2021

GIK Alpha panels in walnut are up. Great match with my lovely Tannoy Eaton Legacy. Small room, big sound :sunglasses: Naim and Tannoy is a wonderful match IMO.

56 Likes

Bill’s trousers must have been flapping.

5 Likes

You mean there might have been movement from the Wyman corner??? Never! :rofl:

1 Like

Just the trousers.

1 Like

There you have it. We warned you so!

Well, its actually worse than that.
So I bought the 72 and 140 for what was to go into a second system.
I made the mistake of running the 72/140 instead of mt Musical Fidelity Nu Vista pre and power. A bit unfair on the 140, but at low volumes it was not embarrassed.
I kept my eye out for a HC. Found one locally. And recently serviced.
Over Xmas I could now run the 72/HC into the NV power amp.
And that is how it has stayed.
Which " forced" me to get another 72 to work with the 140 in the second system.
So that’s now 4 shoe sized naim boxes I own.
The 72/HC into the ( upgraded) MF NV 300 is a good match.

1 Like

oops, that was the plan

That’s one serious amplifier, no doubt.

Try some Blutack (or something else) between the pads and speakers. I have stuck paper to the pads and the speakers sit on that. You could try dirtying the pads to reduce their adhesion.

Hi Slamdam, I can’t tell from your picture, but how did you get the Vertere on top of your Fraim? My dealer said that it wouldn’t fit? Thanks

Your dealer is wrong then :wink:. It fits perfect without any modifications. I use Frame Lite meaning no glass shelves.

15 Likes

Ha, yes, I was going to say the same. That would be more movement than usual! Best not get into a further discussion of Bill’s trouser action.

That’s Mick Taylor hiding behind Jagger so this is from the early ‘70s.

Marvellous! I really wanted one, but was put off if it wasn’t going to fit on top of the Fraim :slight_smile:

And despite what the Fraim police might say a turntable does not necessarily sound better on a glass shelf. It’s worth trying to see.

1 Like

Lovely turntable there Slamdam!

3 Likes

I had this pinned at 1975 but that would mean it would be Ronnie behind Mick - difficult to see the person but there is a hint of light hair which would suggest Mick Taylor.

Possibly the giveaway is Charlie’s crew cut which came in around the mid-70’s.

Good old ESB 7 series… Very nice, It must sound great with Naim :+1:

1 Like

From that picture I suspect it would be too deep, and possibly a little too wide, to fit on the glass shelf.

Ah, that ‘Fraim police’ phrase again. I wonder what exactly these evil people might possibly say, and why some see fit to chuck pathetic insults.

@ampwat, you received a nice response.
Don’t worry, we are used to. :laughing:

6 Likes