System Pics 2021

I think it was around £350 for the pair Rack.

1 Like

That’s seems pretty reasonable Dave. I’ll admit I was expecting it to be more than that. Was it done recently?

Sorry for the barrage of questions! :smiley:

Yes probably the best £ for £ upgrade I’ve done Rack.

I ordered the tweeters about this time last year and due to lockdown they were fitted in June.

1 Like

Thanks BSMARK for your detailed explanations concerning your furniture and your trinkets.
Discovered West Elm furniture. They have quite interesting stuff, but it doesn’t seem obvious to get them over here in Switzerland.
I had a look at Jonathan Adler’s site. Unfortunately, the pieces you have are no longer available, but will have a look from time to time to see if new stuff is coming out.
MArco :cowboy_hat_face:

32.5/hicap/250 restored by AV Options.
Qobuz on the laptop into a Qutest.
Speakers are ATC HTS 7. The power strip is an Ultra HBL from AV Options.

35 Likes

Nice, classic set-up Snarfy. Chris W does a terrific job on these older boxes. Bet it sounds great :grinning:

1 Like

Great pics Rackkit. Interestingly enough I tried the SL2’s and as good as they are I did prefer my old SBL’s. They seemed able to eek out more detail for some reason :thinking:

3 Likes

Hey Marco. I looked on line for West Elm. They now have store locations in the United Kingdom. Shows at least 2 stores in London. They claim to be able to ship to Switzerland. Hope that helps.

And yes, Jonathan Adler is always offering new pieces.

Cheers

Thanks varyat. He sure does. I’m listening to The Last Recording from Vladimir Horowitz on this system right now. It’s electrifying.

1 Like

You better shape up.

9 Likes

Damnit now I can’t get that song out of my head!!! :crazy_face:

1 Like

Hi and welcome if you need any help with cable set up then just ask. Personally I’d move the Audiolab onto a shelf of it’s own stacking is never optimal especially a streamer and power amp if you only have three shelves and so have to stack then I’d put the Napsc on the floor under or behind the rack and the 200? on the bottom shelf with the Hicap one top not ideal but the best use of the space you have IMO.

1 Like

Excellent set up my dream 2nd system I had a 32.5/HC once but with a Nap 90 so not the same but still sounded fantastic.

2 Likes

Thank you very much. The black box is a chc psu with napsc and hicap in it. I will try your proposal. What to do with the stageline? Many thanks in advance.
For the cabling i might come back.

Thanks Lewis - just a couple of quick iPhone pics. :+1:t5:

I’ve only heard SBL’s for a few minutes of one song and that was before I’d put my first Naim system together 16 years so don’t have any audio memory of them. Those who’ve had both generally say in the same location and set up, the SL2s are normally the ‘better’ speaker but it it still comes down to personal preference as you found out!

Cheers, Rack.

Time for a picture. In this case my second system upstairs. Fed with my Rega 25 into the mm input on the 72.
Purists will say the 72 needs to move. Tried it, could hear no difference.
A4 sheets of paper to avoid marking unit below. Enjoy the use of white masking tape on the 72.
And yes, the olive colours are that different.

29 Likes

24 Likes

Are those sheets of glass sitting directly on the wooden shelves? If so they are very likely doing more harm than good as the wooden surface won’t be absolutely flat. You really want some cups and balls between them.

1 Like

They are … I built the fraim up and used the glass from the old ash designs whilst I get some cups n balls for them

Beautiful degradé :wink: