System Pics 2022

I thought the metrics were quite easy. There is a very strong correlation of having bags of money with having absolutely no taste. Astonishing that the national statistics were worked out by such crack pots

Fantastic looking receiver ! Fond memories for me too, my father had the SX636 in the 1970s, purchased after many hours traipsing up and down Tottenham Court Road. Fed by a Pioneer PL12 deck, my first introduction to the world of hifi. Wonderful…

Paul

1 Like

I’m sure it can’t have been this one, as it looks really lovely. As I said, I do always try to be constructive, and if I wavered from this to the extent that you remember it two years on, please accept my apologies.

6 Likes

No problem, let’s move on and enjoy the important thing, music.

1 Like

I’m up for that. Thanks.

1 Like

Doing my bit for the ‘upsizing’ counter offensive.

G

25 Likes

Are these Dynaudio 10 or 20 stands?

That looks good, Graeme! How’s it working out with the Stockholm cabinet?

1 Like

What hifi rack is this?

It’s perfect for our needs/room.

G

1 Like

Good to hear. Cheers.

1 Like

I used some non-slip rubber feet from Wilkos that raise the board off the surface it is on. I have not used anything else. Gel pads could also work well.

There are those who think the board should be isolated from the surface it is on (which I have done to some degree) but the electronics should then be connected to the board with some form of solid coupling - in effect mechanically ‘earthing/grounding’ the electronics to the board. I have not done that as I am happy with the results anyway and, rightly or wrongly, believe that both Arcam (FMJ) and Naim put a lot of effort into dealing with vibrations within the units anyway.

I did put a couple of coats of Danish Oil on each board to help protect them/seal the bamboo.

1 Like

Great collection notably John Zorn and Meredith Monk.

1 Like

I also have those two Teac items and they sound fine as my computer output, together with a pair of Dynaudio floor standing speakers.
Not up to my Naim system, but great for playing music while on the computer.

1 Like

My speakers are called Dude…

1 Like

May I reserve a pre-amp and power amp from your son’s future high end audio company, which he will set up in 15-20 years?

1 Like

@Richard.Dane and all others

Like some confirmation on positioning of gear on 5 level racks thanks

2 racks ( fraim and fraimlites) side by side

Left Rack

• LP12 ARO
  • Superline
  • HICAPDR
  • Armageddon PS
  • Supercap DR

Right Rack

• CDS3
  • NAT01 tuner
  • SN3
  • NAPST PS
  • XPS - 2

Have kept the Superline on one level by itself and SN3 2 levels down from CDS3

Thoughts ? Much appreciated all

Cheers

1 Like

Just trying to work out where and how you’re going to fit the NDX2 in. You might have dump one of the other boxes, maybe 2 if you’re going to add XPS now they’re officially sanctioned. :grin:

1 Like

:-1:t2::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

What kind of answer is that.