System Pics 2022

The listening room reality… latest upgrade - pulled the wallpaper off! Merry 22 :slight_smile:

43 Likes

Is the cage to stop you fiddling around with the cables. :rofl::rofl:

16 Likes

I don’t reckon thats cat proof lol

Happy New Year Pete

Andy

2 Likes

And the same to you good sir. :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you Rafael - Happy New Year !!!

1 Like

A bit late, but with my fiancee finally here, Russians consider it a New Years Tree, and I must say it looked rather “Fab” in spots:

18 Likes

You should put a sticker on the cage :

3 Likes

Good luck with the decision making Pete
Simplicity certainly has a lot of benefits
Will need quite a bit of thought I would imagine

Martin

2 Likes

True, I was just responding on another thread re this. I wouldn’t do anything without some serious thought and a home demo. Cheers. :+1:

Yes, or Artemis, the Greek original. I’m not sure whether there are signifiers that would tell them apart. It’s an impressive piece.

Needs to be your new home and music room…….everything could change, particularly the speaker interaction. Best of luck.

2 Likes

Switched to a Nova from a five box system, very happy after I added the Powerline and had my CDX2 serviced and converted to digital output .

In my case , the boxes needed a service, getting them back would be a nightmare , add a cataract , limited space and a dodgy knee

My decision to retain the tuner justified by my current internet woes

Or you could do worse than a SN3 with ProAc speakers , Nigel has made a strong case for this route …

Many times, many, many times

Happy New Year

24 Likes

Ian- is that a standard cover for the turntable ? - looks very effective and stylish
thanks
Martin

1 Like

Did you change the speakers when you downsized Ian? I can’t remember. I’ve a friend with Harbeths and I imagine your ones go very well with the Nova.

1 Like

It’s a Clearaudio lid specific for that turntable, but it was an extra.

1 Like

I hadn’t noticed. :grin:

1 Like

Ah, the PMC FB1 speakers were the first thing to go, I have a liking for acoustic music, my first choice was to go to ProAc , but the local dealer had just dropped them for Amphion .

I then did a bit of research (not enough as it happens) and found those Harbeths had a reputation for vocals in particular , so they came in to my 200/202 set up. Yes, there was a lack of bass - but it was if a layer of varnish had been removed from an old painting and the colours really shone through.

Then when I started to downsize the box count I found out that they had a reputation for being difficult to drive , went to a Rega Aethos but found the Nova does it perfectly .

The P3ESR are descendants of the LS3/5A - and for that reason they should be good with vocals . The person who designed them for the BBC was a member of The Plymouth Brethren , which is as close to the Puritans as it is able to get. Music was a No/no so the speaker was voiced around vocals

2 Likes

Greeting the New Year’s Day morning via the Wattbike and with Wu Tan Clan providing the encouragement.

Looks like the best day in what feels like weeks, walk with the family and dog beckons at Ashridge.

22 Likes

thank you

New Year, same system (for now! :smiley:), apart from hiding the Sky box and EE8 switch away out of view.

27 Likes