System Pics 2022

Hi thanks!
Yes it’s a full Gyrodec with an SME Series 1V arm, and it has a Dynavector DV20X2 MC cartridge. I recently got the HR power supply to finish off the vinyl source.
I bought the speakers in 2004 ex dem, I’m not sure what version they are, all I know is that they are 802 Nautilus.
It’s interesting to hear that you move them around, I have not moved them since moving into the house 10 years ago, perhaps I should start experimenting with their position. The top end is usually good, sometimes a bit bright.
I am actually considering changing them, I’m have a dem of some ProAcs and Kudos, so we’ll see!

1 Like

Yes, size 2 and they fit the 606’s well…and sound good.

Oops! I did not know that they were so demanding. My dealer has a couple of second hand ATC SCM40 for sale that I have been thinking about. I wonder if they are as demanding then?

Worth looking at what ATC put into their active SCM40’s - a total of 242W per speaker!

1 Like

Yes, with such low sensitivity, even my 250DR can get it hard I think;

Specifikationer
Sensitivity: 85dB @ 1W @ 1metre Max SPL: 112dB Recommended Power Amplifier: 75 to 300 Watts Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohm

Bjorn it’s easy enough to buy blue tablets over the counter these days :+1:t3: Enjoy Peter

3 Likes

42-LS-Frankie Howerd.jpg.gallery

9 Likes

Well at least it’s a picture

And it’s not dear Kenneth!

But, yep…predictable, granted.

Not good for the transformer, the heart :heart:

2 Likes

What?

@HiFiman can you please share a bit more about how you setup your Chord Dave? Is it in Digital Preamp mode or DAC only mode? If it is in Preamp mode, what volume do you have it set at while outputting to the NAC552?

Enjoy the 552, I was blown away when I upgraded from the 282 to the 552, it was night and day… I also ran it for a while with the NAP300DR, nice combination…

Probably would be, however I’m still considering a pair of those with ,y NAP 300.

Tim

1 Like

I had a Krell S-300i with the SCM40’s Mk2, and the Krell could not drive them properly, especially in the bass.

1 Like

Yes, a NAP 300 is perhaps more suitable for the task.

Or even a NAP 500 to make the speakers really sing. But then it will be really expensive unfortunately…

Björn

I can assure you that a ATC P1 at 150W/Ch, will adequately drive them, having owned P1 and 40’s.:blush:

2 Likes

Why not ask the dealer to arrange a listen with the ATC scm40 with a 250dr and the 300dr. They are in the room next to them. :blush:

As I understand it there is a difference to be made between speakers being driven properly at the desired volume and speaker performance being improved with a better amplifier. The lattar would be normal for most speakers, and not necessery be taken as showing some shortcoming with the first setup.

I’m very happy with the ATC scm40 and a 250DR and also happy to know that the speakers would respond well to a 300DR.

Regards

1 Like

Ohh, Matron.

I’ve replied to your thread Chord Dave volume setting with NAC552

1 Like