System Pics 2023

Hi @micksimon31 looks really nice :ok_hand:t3: Can I ask what size is the TV? Thank you!

1 Like

@vix2801 Thanks very much. The TV is 55".

1 Like

There was once a high end CD player called the Helios Stargate. I remember a review in a 1990s copy of What HiFi - quite an unusual (and expensive) looking object at the time IIRC.

5 Likes

I have this year gone for ATCSmc40 driven from my 250DR. Lovely speaker enjoy

4 Likes

Well, thatā€™s all the ā€œSourceā€ components in place now. PS1 CDP still needs its new casement, but all in good time.

Just the ā€œAmpsā€ to do now. Hopefully theyā€™ll be along in the next few weeksā€¦ :crossed_fingers:t3: :blush:

30 Likes

With a better amplifier you really need a DAC on the ND5XS2 to keep things balanced, unless itā€™s just a secondary source of course.

3 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™ll see how everything sounds when the 282/300 are in and then consider that option.
I had seriously considered an NDX2, but am comfortable using the ND5 naked for now.
I intend to spread the load across all 3 sourcesšŸ™‚

Mac Mini M1 via DAC V1 connected up to the Roksan Attessa and into the Keilidhā€™s.

Sounding really impressive, but end game here is to bring the 202/200/NA PSC down following the Main System upgrade to 282/300DR.
Then, hopefully, weā€™ll really hear these recently serviced and upgraded Keilidhā€™s singšŸ˜Š

8 Likes

Be very interested to hear your thoughts with the new addition, when you have spent some time with it, especially when you move to the 282/300, we have very similar front ends and a 282/250 keeps pecking at me, I know my speakers would feel the benefit.

I have just received most of my record collection back from my eldest son, LP12 has had a new Goldring 1042, so about to acclimatise myself back to vinyl for awhile :+1:

1 Like

I have a 1042 on my Project Perspective in the Media Room. Fabulous cartridge.
Iā€™m really looking forward to hearing it through the new Stageline N into the 202/200 DR in the coming weeks.
I have had an ND5 XS 2 on this system for a week when my dealer loaned me one. I canā€™t wait to get my hands on the 282/300 DR heā€™s supplying to me soon. Itā€™s going to sound amazing.
I will post my reactions when itā€™s all in and runningšŸ˜Š

2 Likes

I spy Hiquphons! So you went for it. Iā€™ve got to say that mine have just got better and better over the last few months. Hope you are hearing the same? Iā€™m now considering the Monacor drivers but enjoying a healthy procrastinate first :blush:

1 Like

They are sounding wonderful Paul.
My wife has now claimed them as ā€Hersā€ and it appears the Media Room upgrades for them are ā€œHerā€ system now :man_shrugging:t4: :joy:
Edit
Sorry @Paul52135, just realised that you mentioned Hiquphons. The upgraded tweeters we used were actually Scanspeak Classic D2008/852100. They are simply excellent :blush:

1 Like

A modest but brand new 5 meter pair of NAC A5 speaker cables. The sound is slightly different and I like it more.

16 Likes

Theyā€™l need quite some time to burn in before they sound at their best.

2 Likes

Decided to bin the Schitt preamp and DAC and go for the real thing. Frustratingly, donā€™t have the right cable to connect the iPad - wasnā€™t expecting the V1 to arrive until next week, but the vendor turned out to live locally. No matter - by the time the cable arrives, Mrs R will have killed me anyway.

Next steps are better speaker cables, probably the NAC A5, and a decent rack.

25 Likes

Compared to what?:thinking:

1 Like

The cable routing of the naca5 is not good at all, it puts enormous stress on the outputs.

2 Likes

My previous speaker cables obviously. Are you cable agnostic by any chance?

There is no reason to be rude. The question was about what you had before that you are comparing to.
(if you donā€™t understand the obvious question)

1 Like

I obviously checked this before putting the amplifier in the rack. I prebended the cables with hot air, ensuring they had the perfect radius in order to provide zero stress. Easy.

4 Likes