System Pics 2023

Funny the salesman really wanted me to buy the ndx2 because it would match the looks of what ive brought already but dropping that sort of money i wanted the latest bit of kit so ive gone for the nsc333… Hopefully ill get a good few years out of it this way…

2 Likes

Hi @Lowdene
May I ask what you have under the 606s spikes?

Absolutely love the low slung look youve got going on there with the 3 racks… That might be getting copied by someone in the not to distant future :wink:

1 Like

Are you going for power supply to start with. I have heard the 333 with the 300NPX and it has a very clear presentation. Was with 332 and 2 x 350s.

You’re mixing Classic with New Classic.

It will sound amazing with 333 with or without the PS.

These things become very expensive and can get out of hand. Believe me I know.

I have spent £15000 on upgrades when I only intended on £10000. More cables, shelves, and so on.

Now need a 2.5 metre mains cable from ND5XS2 to block as 2 metre cable is overstretched. Anyone any ideas? Naim don’t do one.

There are always extras.

Anyway, can’t wait to see your system pics @Jonboy377

1 Like

It’s not really low slung with five boxes on right stack. It is a 13 box system but will accommodate 14. Possibly 2 x 555PS :upside_down_face:

1 Like

They are Track Audio cups. I got these because the Kudos spikes are from Track Audio.

Eventually ill add a power supply but my wallet is well and truly empty now… I know im mixing old and new but i couldn’t afford to start from scratch with the new classic 300 series and i didn’t want the nsc222 because i wanted my pre amp separate… Your absolutely right about how expensive it can become. Ive still the speakers to pay for at the end of the month :grimacing:

1 Like

Okay fair point… What i meant was i like how youve gone wide aswell as up … I think the 3 racks together look really good :+1:

1 Like

Thanks @Jonboy377. When I look back 8 years ago I started my Naim journey with CD5Si and Nait 5Si. Now I have a 13 box system, enormous speakers and thousands of pounds of cables.

Sometimes I look at what I have created and think Wow. Maybe things went too far.

But, I love it. Maybe I can’t help it!

Costs can spiral out of control with these things. But I love my system and it is for me ultimately. It can be a selfish pursuit.

Enjoy your wonderful new system. What speakers have you gone for?

3 Likes

I take it you don’t have Focal Sopra 2s from your joke. :rofl: Maybe something more sombre like SBLs.

Maybe try your party tricks with those! Haha! :joy:

1 Like

I think im going for the sonus faber olympica nova 1… However i built my first naim audio system way back in the 90s. I went for a pair of naim ibl’s back then because i rushed the speakers. They where not a good speaker and i never got on with them. So this time im not going to make that same mistake. Ill listen to the fabers a couple more times before committing… My dealer has kindly offered to lend me a pair of focals should i have to wait a while for the speakers anyway

1 Like

Sounds like you’re putting SBL’s down to me Dan? Just remember you’ve made some fast changes but that’s not a reason to knock others. There’s plenty on here, inc me, who love them.
I tend to agree with him though, they do look a little dalek like :rofl:
Just how it reads to me, apologies if that’s not what you meant :+1:

3 Likes

All points taken on board and no offence intended. SBLs are amazing speakers. And yes my speakers do look a bit like Daleks.

So to put the record straight. I am sorry if I have caused offence. Everyone on here loves their systems and the SBLs are lovely classic speakers.

I hope this clears the air?

4 Likes

And my comments were made as a joke back. A joke for a joke but obviously this read differently.

And of course there was no praise of my speakers so maybe the insult was at Sopra 2s. So maybe I should be offended. Anyhow, I hope no offence is taken.

Maybe I should be offended in hindsight :thinking:

But no. Let’s celebrate music and we are lucky to have these fine systems!

1 Like

All good Dan :+1:

2 Likes

I love your Olive system. Did I ever tell you that?:wink:

Sometimes wish I bought Olive 135s instead of CB135s. What can you do?

Yes our systems have the same DNA!
I doubt there’s much difference between the cb & olive 135’s apart from looks. But I do like the cb look hence my Nait 50.
To be honest I think I could live with the N50 & have a much simpler system, but would probably always regret getting rid of the olives :rofl:

3 Likes

You have an absolute classic high quality 52 135 system with LP12. Very similar to mine. Difference is I have 3 sources and you are turntable based.

And I have far too many boxes and 3 stacks of Fraim.

I do wonder if I kept things simpler it would be better. But it’s my nature to make things complicated!

I looked at SBLs seriously at one point but thought they were tricky with transportation and went off the idea.

1 Like

So you want bookshelf speakers? I think your choice looks good. Personally I have gone for floorstanders and like the Focal Sopra 2s. Not to everyone’s tastes. Obviously they are quite full on. But value for money I paid £7000 for a £14000 speaker, 6 months old mint.

1 Like

A quick system pic but there’s some dusting to do at the weekend

For you Dan an ND5XS2 I hope you are enjoying yours.

46 Likes