System Pics 2023

@GraemeH Show us. Show us. You know you want to.

1 Like

All in good time.

G

Have you returned to the awesome Tab 10 Sigs?

1 Like

The T505 were a touch large for proximity to my wife. Domestic harmony is resumed.

G

30 Likes

Now thatā€™s what I call a quality speaker. Are you both happy with them? They look very nice in white, even if itā€™s not quite central on the stand.

2 Likes

I fixed the centrality after I saw the pic, so all in order.

They sit very well in our living room and, so far Iā€™ve only had short listen, but all sounds very good.

G

2 Likes

I had a chance to buy a mint used pair before I bought my first set of Dynaudio speakers. Would have cost me about 3k more than my budget. So I bought x38s because I had auditioned them and knew I loved how they sounded.
I should have just bought the c2s ! I traded in my x38s about 3 years ago on my c30s I currently have.
It cost me about the difference of what I didnā€™t spend on the c2s when I traded for these.
I guess they are right hindsight is 20/20 lol
My contours have great synergy with my system though so it all worked out :grin:

This was my old verse new picture when I got them. Iā€™ve changed a lot since then and every upgrade the contours just keep getting better!

9 Likes

I have heard many, many Dynaudios (and still have a seven Audience speakers and a Sub500 as well). IMO, the Confidence C2 Platinum is the sweet spot in the Dynaudio lineup, past and current. There is only one Dynaudio speaker I would have instead, and thatā€™s if I moved my system to a larger roomā€¦the Confidence C4 Platinum. :slight_smile:

However, the C2s and C4s really need the big boy amps. I have a 300DR and wouldnā€™t want less.

Whatā€™s that orange thing on your Contour tweeter?

It was the protective cover for tweeter for shipping

I see now. Makes perfect sense.

My C2 have these steel wires in the baffle to protect the tweeters. Good thing, because those Esotar2 tweeters are about $2k/pair and take 300-400 hours to break in. One really does not want to have to replace damaged ones.

7 Likes

13 Likes

You canā€™t go wrong with Dynaudio Contour speakers. I had S1.4 and S3.4 in the past, and itā€™s hard to find bigger bang for the buck if you have the system to put behind them.

There is an audio show in February each year a couple hours from me the Florida audio expo. We have been going for several years now. And there is a lot of really expensive setups that I wouldnā€™t trade my system for!

1 Like

A temporary set up while I source a second stand, but the XPS DR, the Audiolab transport and the Oreas are all new additionsā€¦ I have to say, the Audiolab is a treat, and was 2 hours out of the box. The XPS is warming upā€¦ Happy days!

15 Likes

Neil, Your system is quite similar to my own.
Iā€™ve had my XPS-2 DR warming up on Radio Paradise since installation on Thursday evening.
Iā€™m really looking forward to spending a couple of hours with the system this afternoon.
Which AudioLab Transport did you go with and which connection method did you choose?
I went for the 7000CDT and connected to the NDX2 with a Nordost RCA to BNC.

2 Likes

Hi QSā€¦ great minds think alikeā€¦ I went with the 9000 CDT, and used an audioquest ā€œredā€ (canā€™t remember the name) digital coax.

1 Like

Thatā€™s this week. :wink:

1 Like

@Neil0001 Hi, Iā€™m after a CD player or transport and the Audiolab 9000T is on my list to try out. Did you compare it with any other models? Sounds like you are really enjoying it :grinning:

1 Like

I added an XPSDR to my NDX2. Without it, the NDX2 was less open and flowing than my CDS2, and hence less involving, but that was cured by the PS.

Mind you, a box-switching session a year later showed that the pre-amp would have been an issue if I had done things in a different order- I needed to swap 82 for 52 to hear the impact. Also a 52 works well with 300DR that replaced my old 250, and I am told that 52/500 is even better, but a brief retest of boxes suggested that 82 hid much of what a 300DR can do. That might suggest that the 282 will be the weak point after the planned additionā€¦there is always something more that you could doā€¦

2 Likes