System Pics 2023

Nice. One small step for Gav one giant leap in Hifi.
I’ll get me coat!:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Just sitting here thinking “WTF is he going on about…” then realized your meaning :astronaut:

3 Likes

It’s certainly refreshing to see different things. I’ve reorganised mine, to enable my favourite lamp to return to its rightful place.

34 Likes

Great album, Temperamental.

Nice interview with Ben & Tracey in today’s Guardian , as they have a new one out very soon.

6 Likes

I love EBTG and of course Tracey and Ben’s own stuff. It’s always good to hear from other EBTG fans and fellow Guardian readers!!

8 Likes

just added it to my library too! listening as we speak, good so far!

I do like that lamp :+1:

1 Like

The rack looks great…

I guess it is natural oak…what is the height of the shelving modules ?

The TT is sat on a base unit?..good idea for isolation.

:+1:

1 Like

HH…Actually I saw this lamp some time ago in one of your pictures. Liked it instantly and one day I found one.
So greetings from lamp to lamp.
Regards,

Edit: sort of second system.

17 Likes

That’s such a nice photo.
Lovely arrangement.
Real classy

1 Like

Thanks, yes they’re natural oak with each leg being 135mm in height. They also do 185mm and 235mm.

I had a spare shelf so used that as an isolation platform* for the TT, I’m actually using x3 Rega isolation feet to isolate the two shelves, works well to my cloth-ears.

• the bolts you see at the front are just to fill the space of the holes, they don’t mechanically fix to anything.

Am waiting on some quotes for toughened glass and will look to go down the glass / cups / balls approach for aesthetics more than anything else.

1 Like

Thanks Gav

Appreciated, if its’ not asking too much…what is the height from the floor to the top of the rack (on the non-TT side) ?

Thanks

1 Like

Ironically I’ve got the tape measure in my hand now as trying to see if I can fit in some Titan 606’s either side of my projector screen.

Floor to top of wooden shelf is bang on 420mm.

2 Likes

Thanks Gav

very much appreciated…ooi I’ve got 606’s - very nice they are too… :+1:

2 Likes

Ah perfect, I’ll loop you into some questions I have if you don’t mind on the thread.

1 Like

It’s a Fin table lamp from Original BTC. They are not that cheap, but considering they are handmade in the U.K. they seem good value, and will last for years. A bit like Naim really. They give a very nice light.

18 Likes

Many thanks for the info HH, i shall check them out.:+1:

If you go for it, order over the phone. If you ask nicely you may well get a little discount.

Will do, thanks for sharing.

Time for a ‘show us your lamp’ thread ? :wink:

8 Likes