System Pics 2121

This thread is a safe space for time travelers. If time travel is possible and perfected by humans then odds are one of these future people will visit the forum and post a pic of their “whatever is considered equivalent” system.

Not sure how long it’ll take but I’ll bump the thread once a month until I’m dead.

In the interim… feel free to post hifi related questions about which future person is likely to have an opinion/knowledge. Also… perhaps some pics of what hifi might look like in the year 2121. (Future person will enjoy our shared naïveté and overall basicness. This will lure them in for the lolz!)

Pretty sure this will work.

Its 2119 here, I just received my naim solstice addition.

4 Likes

Well here we are in 2121 and there’s still no 272 replacement. Hard times indeed.

6 Likes

2121 can still get my 250DR serviced :+1:

3 Likes

Did Naim ever drop the din connection?

1 Like

It’s 2120 and hifi died a long time ago. Music is injected directly into your brain now. It sounds much better. I heard rumors that people used to pay over $20,000 for their systems. That’s $4M in today’s money. They were so stupid back then.

1 Like

I doubt you’re a real time traveler. Everybody knows bitcoin replaces USD as global currency.

1 Like

Bitcoin went bankrupt back in 2026. They eventually reverted to the dollar system around 2029 after the world financial chaos.

1 Like

The dollar :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: , it’ll be the Yuan and Rupee by then.

1 Like

Is it something like this?

2 Likes

L- Acoustics, 24 channel immersive sound system. 374 k . It exists already.

From What Hifi:

We gingerly assume a centrally reclining position on the vision of muted hues, plush carpet and cushioned, ergonomic shapes that is the L-Acoustics’ Island. And then we feel ourselves relaxing – in fact we don’t ever want to move again. Behind us, the L-ISA Bubble deck receives its spherical glass album; L-Acoustics’ proprietary physical music source recorded in BluSpace 23.1 Standard. A reassuringly weighty, wireless volume dial displaying the L-ISA logo is dropped into our lap. A certificate-slash-album-sleeve bearing the numerical edition of the Bubble we’re about to enjoy is issued: Marina Rebeka’s SPIRITO.

2 Likes

Looks like we’ve been demoted to Padded Cell. @Richard.Dane Can you make sure to move this back once verifiable contact with time traveling audiophiles has been established?

2 Likes

Padded cell is a promotion, Katz.

3 Likes

First bump

Something like this perhaps?

1 Like

Or maybe this might be more likely with the resurgence of vinyl we have experienced in the last decade or so.

2 Likes

Thanks for posting it, it made me smile
I hope you won’t be offended if I said the word “pretentious” sprang to mind, however I watched 2001 A Space Odyssey yesterday, the idea of an interactive computer, TV’s in the back of Airline seats, videophones - I thought to myself, they’ll never catch on

So perhaps I shouldn’t be too dismissive

1 Like

Not at all. It’s just looks a bit futuristic, so it goes well with a 2221 system pics.

2 Likes

My head feels like this some days……

2 Likes

My head too sometimes…Look at my new avatar Mike. Maybe you will find it funny ( if you enlarge it)

5 Likes