Talk me out of Harbeths

+1

Graham Audio/Chartwell BBC Monitors

Oh gee I saw the thread title and I was going to refer the OP to you! :skull: Youā€™ve told me many times how you find them BORING.

You donā€™t want $2-3000 speakers for Teams calls.

Have you tried good ear buds for Teams calls? I find them much easier on my brain than any sort of speaker. When the voices are right in my ear like that, itā€™s way easier to listen effortlessly. I kind of have to ā€œconcentrateā€ when the voices are coming out of a speaker, but with ear buds they are just THERE. MUCH less fatiguing. I just use my AirPods, but if I had hours of calls a day Iā€™d get something wired because they batteries run out after an hour or so.

Yeah - I actually use a Tubes Headphone amp with Sennheiser 650HDs. Sound is nicely recessed and laid back. Still - hard to wear headphones all day long.
And clearly, this is just rationalization and justification for a spend that admittedly makes 0 sense.
Like a piece of useless jewelry, the P3ESR just look fabulous to meā€¦ Probably just a speaker fetish. :wink:

1 Like

Probably!

Over-ear all day would hurt my head. In-ear works better for me. If youā€™re itching to spend some $$, find some nice in-ears.

I have considered using Focal Shape monitors, to properly experience Teams meetings in my office, and express ā€œwho I amā€ to myself. Nobody else would know, alas. Too lazy to execute, so far.

Not joking, actually.

Nick

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.