Taming metadata

Search using the Asset Folders and Filenames Browsing. All will appear exactly as you have it on your NAS.

Very strange indeed. I have had a few issues with Asset but overall it’s been a conflict with the Artist versus Album Artist and is usually as others have mentioned something logical.

One thing that has resolved these issues for me once the metadata is correct or to your liking is to do a full scan of the data base (not the option that just searches for changes) or a reboot of the NAS usually sorts it out.

1 Like

It’s got to be the tags.

If you have dBpoweramp running on a PC, as Nigel alluded to above, you can right click to edit the tags.

Something that has worked for me in the past is to select all the tracks in a “difficult” album, right click -> Convert To … select the Deletions tab on the pop up box and strip out all the metadata. All of it. Then try putting in a tag at a time. It only takes 5 minutes.

Good luck.

UPDATE:

The good news is I have now sorted Jethro Tull out, and they are now under J at last. How did I do it? I deleted JT off the nas drive completely and permanently. I then switched the nas drive off, did some other jobs, and then rebooted the nas drive. Next, rip a JT album. Boom it went straight where it should without any need to mess with metadata.

So what happened? I still suspect there was a rogue piece of metadata left on the nas drive because I never rebooted it. Thank you @AndyP for reminding me of the need to do this. Rebooting the drive seems to be a vital step. Even rescanning my entire library did not resolve the issue for me.

When I deleted all JT albums and tried ripping again without rebooting the drive, the albums would go to T and still be using an album cover which had not been reripped yet.

Many thanks to all who offered suggestions and help, especially to @anon4489532 for offering to go the extra mile. You are a star sir!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.