Tears For Fears Classic Album Documentary Tonight

Tonight 9:30 BBC Four.

7 Likes

Just to cheers up Richard, I don’t watch the BBC :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Followed later at 12:00

2 Likes

I’ve never been a fan of Tears for Fears.

However, I am a very big fan of the BBC so I might very well watch the program just to express my support. :sunglasses:

1 Like

But was it any good?
Perhaps it’s worth watching on catchup?

I always liked them, so i thought it was good

2 Likes

I thought it improved after the first few tracks…but good enough. I watched the Culture club one…same poor start, then it improved.

1 Like

My reply above was ‘tongue in cheek’, so I should probably add that although not a fan of Tears for Fears (nor of much from this period or genre of music), I am very fond of the track ‘Mad World’ - both the original and subsequent covers.

For me Seeds of Love was a far superior album, some great production and the second CD I ever bought when it was released!!!

1 Like

For their era they were well above average. Liked them, bought the albums, saw them live (they were good). I wasn’t expecting much from the documentary and was pleasantly surprised. I thought The Hurting was a superb debut album and I don’t think they topped it creatively. Although they certainly did better it in terms of production values, in later albums.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.