Tellurium Q-Black 2 alternatives... (speaker cables)

The evidence is the manufacturerā€™s instructions. I thought that was self-evident.

It is reproduced in a post earlier in this thread. Why not read it?

What do the manufacturers instructions say ? Can you link to it ? I am very interested.

We are talking about a hypothetical situation - I am assuming anyway - I didnā€™t post it originally. As such my comment was a hypothetical one which is as valid as anything else in that hypothetical situation. Not a question of evidence.

Double checked the thread. Read everything. There is no such comment by Naim mentioned.

But what if the manufacturerā€™s instructions are wrong? Would you believe them if they said the world was flat? I donā€™t understand why you are banging this particular drum so hard, you donā€™t even own any Naim equipment other than a few mains leads. All Naim have said is donā€™t use special cables, they have never stated that A5 is the only safe cable.

2 Likes

Yes there is. Check again.

This :+1:

For reference hereā€™s the section from the Naim Amplifier manual;

Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 20.06.44

I feel the thread has rather deviated from the OPā€™s originals question and is going round in circles now, so closure may well be nighā€¦

5 Likes

Thank you, though this doesnā€™t support the posters statement
ā€˜Since Naim maintain that A5 or SL is the only correct wayā€¦ā€™

Iā€™m out of here :smile:

Read the manual - see the reproduction in Richardā€™s post.

As Richard has stated things are going round in circles, getting boring and Iā€™m tired of constantly having to repeat myself re- Naimā€™s instructions.

What if the instructions are wrong? What if they are not? What if this, what if that?

I have no further comment to make other than do as you please.

Now, perhaps, we can discuss the OPā€™s question without the dubious benefit of evangelical zeal and dogma. Life isnā€™t black and white.

4 Likes

This must be the best speaker cables for Naim amps. :slight_smile: :wink:

1 Like

May i suggest that you return them and to try some NAC A5 instead as i reckon that thereā€™s a pretty good chance that this will solve your current issues. I will strongly advise that you have the cables made up for you by a competent dealer with all of the correct connectors fitted to Naimā€™s standards. Then once that is done, plug them in, hear what you think, give yourself plenty of time and then report back here, share with us all what you thinkā€¦

2 Likes

Adherence to the manufacturerā€™s instructions is not evangelical zeal and dogma. It is a sensible course of action.

2 Likes

Good grief ā€“ move on mate. No doubt you made your point, extensively and certainly repeatedlyā€¦

5 Likes

If you read Naimā€™s recommendation as posted by Richard, what is clear is recommendation on cable length. However, Naim is not very clear about cable choice - ā€œsome Naim ams are designed only to work with Naim speaker cablesā€, while other Naim amps can work with ā€œany quality [non-Naim] cableā€.

Naim is advising that local retailer and distributor should provide advice on cable choice when the consumer is in doubt.

Given the above, and given many of us here have had good experiences with cables such as TQB or WH (often purchased following dealer recommendations - as suggested by Naim), Iā€™m not sure what the big issue is. There is simply no evidence of using dealer recommended non-Naim cable causing damage to oneā€™s Naim amps as you continue to suggest.

1 Like

I really want to chime in but Richard will smack me.

Donā€™t bother Opus, I reckon the thread is (over) done.

9 Likes