Thales turntable, Statement arm and exquisite st cartridge

Must have been board Sunday with the F1 race as decided half way through it to, remove my shoe from my turntable arm ( holds the cartridge to the arm) and get it better aligned as i rushed it a bit last time and thats never good.
Anyway remove it and put it in its special jig, then got my daughter to look at it and sure enough it was out by about 1mm in 2 different directions. This means that its quite a bit out everywhere on the record, not good.
So after a good hour, daughter eyes and my microscope plugged into the pc, i finally got it smack bang in the dead centre. Then it was just a case of re fitting the shoe to the arm and checking vtf and level arm.
Not brave enough to start messing with the azimuth but on this arm its easier than the last one, but with out anything to measure the cross talk, etc, i will leave well alone for now.

The results of my OCD set up, well a much nicer bottom end, its certainly grown in depth. Top end has also inpoved, much nicer vocals, cymbals, etc.
Very happy with my time spent and how that i think my cartridge is finally in the right position ( i can’t get it any better) i can now concentrate on fine tuning it when ready.

Left my superline with the 453 zfoil airplug and 1nf capacitance in place as before.
But really enjoyed playing some records tonight and getting them 808’s rocking.
Cheers dunc

3 Likes