The art of cable dressing

I suppose it’s just impossible to have burndies hang free with a dual 3 level Fraim rack side by side using standard height Fraim legs, when there are 3 black boxes + their 3 power supplies…

Indeed Nigel, yours are very nicely crossed.
We’ve made a similar effort with the cables behind the TV:

Hope you approve of the end result…

Best, BF

2 Likes

Yes, very suitably messy looking.

Keep up the good work.

1 Like

I am getting a little concerned by the preoccupation with looking behind people’s racks.

The lockdown crazies kicking in? :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Better up than down in my case :grimacing: managed everything off the floor bar one Din-XLR resting on a cheesy wotsits packaging doo’dah. :yum: ATB Peter ( and ohh to be retired )

2 Likes

maybe all you need is well designed speakers that dont shaking all over

8 Likes

So that’s why NACA5 is the way it is!

Either that or it is a new levitating version of NACA5.

I might put on my Fez, whip out my magic wand and see if I can’t get SuperLumina to perform the same trick.

Just like that!

(Tommy laugh and shaking shoulders)

3 Likes

I use two runs of NAC A5 speaker cables to my speakers as my system is active.

One run is three compartment cable trunking. In the top are power cables, in the bottom are interconnects and in the middle is the NAC A5.

The other run is in a single compartment cable trunking.

The NAC A5 fits in this nicely and hides any excess.

May not be ideal, but this is also the living room and it keeps the missus happy.

2 Likes

Found another view without the system and furniture.

1 Like

It’s how it is and that’s great! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I know, I used to have NACA5.

Another attempt at humour falls flat!

Hey-ho!

I would have used any opportunity to post the pretty pictures :wink:

1 Like

No one has any humour on here Nigel they’re all maniacs obsessed with keeping their cables tidy!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I know, they’re bonkers, aren’t they? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I would need to push the speakers back closer to the wall to cover the cables completely, or lift the floorboards again and make new holes. Given that this is all well hidden behind the speakers, I don’t think I’ll bother.

1 Like

I include myself in that category too Nigel!

Take heart Nigel, at least you realised that I was joking about the quality and care of cable dressing behind our TV!

1 Like

Behind three 500DR amps:
Amps: bottom shelf tremble, then mid, upper shelf bass, snaxo on top. PSS in reversed order with bass down, then mid, upper shelf tweeter. At the very bottom rests the Scdr for snaxo with a nice loop of the 17 pin burndey around the 500 sheets. That way speakers cables are nicely stacked and all burndeys hang freely. Color taggings not to get confused. Above the scdr and under the lowest 500ps (bass) is a 555ps for the cd555 on top of the PSS. The white cable is a chord connection delivering the signal from the S1 to the scdr for snaxo.

5 Likes