The Electronica Thread

Love those that try to still keep a human element.

2 Likes

1 Like

Old but gold :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Not played Penthouse and Pavement for a while, but there’s a dire version sonically on Tidal.

In hindsight P&P is frankly a load of leftie twaddle, but Geisha Boys and Temple Girls is brill. Let’s All Make a Bomb and The Height of the Fighting are not too bad, the rest I struggle to enjoy these days.

1 Like

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but phenomenal:

7 Likes

A kind request to all posters: if it’s possible to provide a Youtube preview of your recommendation that is awesome, it makes it convenient to get a quick impression of the artist/track/album before looking it up on other sources.

Thanks in advance! :blush:

1 Like

Great track :+1:

Makes me think of another favorite of mine:

3 Likes

Oh yes. Thanks for reminding me. I feel a long seefeel session is needed.

1 Like

I listen to this a lot, great electronica with a slight Ibiza twist, even though it’s only 192k it sounds awesome

1 Like

It’s definitely not a recent release, but I’m listening to Banco de Gaia’s Big Men Cry tonight, and it’s sounding fantastic.

Although it takes a lot to surpass the 2nd disc off the original Last Train to Lhasa - the remixes on it are amazing examples of downbeat ambient.

5 Likes

Yes the second Lhasa disc is indeed special.

1 Like

More German electro :robot:

1 Like

From a very talented young artist from Varna (Bulgaria) whom i had contact with back in the day (early 2000s). He was only about 17 years old at the time and made music in his bedroom. He later went to study music in London and i lost track of him unfortunately:

Esem - Dispehrse

Esem - A sound of halo

2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

Thomas Lemmer, from the album Ambitronic. I’m surprised he isn’t brought up more. His body of work is outstanding, and this album really shows it off. Probably more Psy-Chill or Ambient, but a lot of fun to listen to.

Same goes for Sounds from the Ground. Binary is a great example of their ‘house sound’.

2 Likes

Gotta revive this thing…with Tycho. I really like this artist a lot. Very unique take on the genre, and this album is quite good, IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbG6PPtVEDw

3 Likes

Ghostly International boss Matthew Dear.
This label has a great roster of artists.
My favourite is School of Seven Bells. from Alpinisms 2008 album.

1 Like

Small black. Sophie. From the 2013 album 'Limits of Desire.
Lush electronica dream pop.

1 Like