The forgotten antipodes (NZL) of Naim

We must all pray to the Great Hi Fi Gods for Naim to break their deafening silence and give us colonists some hope in these dark times. :rofl:

Guys, the answer was at post 19! Well, in terms of who the new Naim retailers in Wellington are recommending.

Don’t quite know what’s going on with Naim distributor here is Australia

Currently has a 20% discount offer out ( including to the Naim distributor retail outlet “ Addicted to Audio”) on the full Naim range

Maybe their increased prices back a bit they have got caught holding heaps of stock , who knows

Maybe same deal in NZ as same distributor

Could be right

Funny, I noticed that today to when I was checking out some prices for stuff that’s not listed in NZ. Certainly there were a couple of increases in prices over the last year or so, along with the whole cost of shipping giving a double whammy for importers, so I expect it’s a challenging environment - and that’s without the whole lead in times for products.

Maybe I should jump on an NDX2 :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

1 Like

Not sure Naim would recommend jumping on it although it probably doesn’t say you can’t in the owners manual.

1 Like

It would be ok Darkside - it’s heavier than me :crazy_face::crazy_face:

1 Like

Anybody has the right to service electronics. The name behind the service is another matter.
For years Naim have had secret recipes, the spec of the part, or the angle its lying from the board or the twist of the wire loom etc.
I have no problems with the ex naim service agent servicing any of my much loved olives.
When you know what the bits specification are….:grin:
The later one box may be a different story?
Remember last I heard, only 5 electronic engineers have the naim training to service a 552, one of them lives in Wellington👍

1 Like

There be hope then, if all else fails we could try jumping on them as @Bevo suggested.

Yeah and I know who that is

As a non-antipodean , one of the big pluses for me (and why I chose Naim) was their back up and ability to look after their customers .

1 Like

Importer buys @50% Nz retail, but he buys a container load using the McDonald’s big Mac formula,
Importer supplies to shops, @ 20%-30% mark up, if a retailer can make @30% that generous.
Stock Turnover is the key.

Ha ha good one

I’ve had Naim for 42 years and never had any issues whatsoever apart from a split speaker terminal on the back of my original 160 all those years ago

I’m a very happy Naim Chappy I must say.

Not looking forward to anything major going wrong though living down under but I’m sure it will be all good

1 Like

I hope so

Well that figures. You even get NZ cheese and timber cheaper than we do, but cheaper Naim takes the cake :slight_smile: Still, now that the cat is out of the bag I’m sure NZ dealers will be getting squeezed on the RRP.

The service recommendation was made by Addicted to Audio (which is Busisoft/Naim ANZ importer’s retail brand). They had to check in with Busisoft in Australia

1 Like

They should have used a kit from Naim UK to do the service.

Apologies for the thread drift bit how are we pronouncing Antipodes? I have always wondered and just googled it and been presented with several versions. I like this sort of info straight from the horses mouth.