The Grand Cafe

Lovely Friday, a few jobs ticked off the “to do” list, early spa with the girls, red wine and chips on the deck with Mrs Mike, now spinning the Scorpions on the LP12 loud drinking home brew whist the pizza is cooking. Mrs Mike watching You Tube, Miss Mike in her room watching who knows what on her Chromebook.

4 Likes

Reached 30 degrees here in Balmain Sydney today - time for a cool white wine methinks

3 Likes

Probably got hotter here I know the concrete guys never returned after the counter lunch. :grin:

1 Like

Probably still at the pub and charging you :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

It’d have to be at the bar as they’re not in hourly.

1 Like

Anyways, are you happy with progress overall? It’s a very exciting undertaking.

3 Likes

Yes we are, it’s a lot bigger than we thought but it just be a good space.

We’ve decided if we miss Christmas move it’s not the end of the earth. I’m not going to really help for a month (or hinder depending on who you talk too).

I’ve told our current builder that due to my health we may only take it to lock up and sell. We have no intention to do that but we do have to be mindful of budget.

However if we knew it would take this long especially in light of my health issues we wouldn’t have.

3 Likes

I’ve discovered the Lidl. German supermarket which aims for the discount market hence lots of say working class people. People buy lots of beer, sugary drinks and meat but ironically they have a very very good vegetables department. So I go there once per week and load my cart full of cucumbers, tomato’s melons, lettuce, apples, grapes, potatoes et cetera.

If I could convince the others that veggies are actually much more tasteful and healthy than much of the processed stuff!

3 Likes

I love veggies, I’ve got grandkids that won’t eat them.

My favourite at present is the broccoli. Blanched and pan fried in a little butter.

4 Likes

Cauliflower is also great this time of a year (in Europe)

3 Likes

Game too close for comfort

2 Likes

Big win down 21 points at 3/4 time.

1 Like

I know couldn’t believe it

1 Like

Got my phone call from the hospital this morning and the they want in today. That’s a bit of a surprise as I was told it’d be Wednesday.

Now I won’t get to see the level 1 floor poured. :frowning:

12 Likes

We are all thinking of you Pete. All the best.

9 Likes

Big man hugs and best wishes

Ian

PS That is a lot bigger than I expected, Wowzer

5 Likes

Good luck Pete.

4 Likes

Best wishes Pete

4 Likes

All the best Pete and do what the nurses tell you to do! :wink:

3 Likes

Best of Luck Pete, sending good vibes.