The Grand Cafe

Things happening on site just had upstairs polished concrete done, I’m not a fan but Mrs Pete is (I lost that argument). However pretty happy with the end result, now all we have to do is make sure the following trades don’t damage it.

Also the down stairs landing poured

8 Likes

What will you be doing with the walls and ceilings? Hopefully something to balance it out and soften a bit?

1 Like

The walls will be 2nd bricks recycled from the existing building and painted v board. Ceiling plywood.

There’ll be rugs and the bedrooms will have carpet.

2 Likes

Jeez, that’s a lot of Re-bar…! Looks like they’ve doubled up…!
Still, should provide a lovely solid base for a nice big pair of speakers…! :+1::rofl:

Don’t mind the polished finish, but yeah personally I probably would have liked something more matt/natural/raw …but then I’m a big fan of Tadao Ando back from my Architecture days….

Looking good though mate – exciting…:grinning:

SC

2 Likes

We also going to have a dark timber set at same level as the concrete in the kitchen.

1 Like

You got that lonely statement amp from a2a in return?

1 Like

I wish, all I got was peace :grin:

1 Like

I like the polished look.

I like the look of it I’m just worried about living on it.

2 Likes

I’m a big fan of polished concrete, it’s also wears well and little chips and imperfections etc add to the overall look & patina, imo of course! I like the sound of the finishes your going for so looking forward to seeing the finished article, it’ll be like watching Grand Designs!

2 Likes

Yep…….and it’s over budget too😬

3 Likes

We don’t talk about that Gazza :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

It was a bit below the belt i know😉

1 Like

I’ll be running the fit out so they’ll be no builder margin, I’ll let each trade separately. They’ll help pull that budget back a bit.

1 Like

You mean you reached a compromise position.

No I gave up :rofl::rofl:

5 Likes