4 Likes

Shouldn’t it be green? lol

1 Like

2 Likes

Thats better !!!

1 Like

I prefer the blue

I’ve set up a poll on the “what is you latest purchase” thread :sunglasses:

Lol !!! Pete but you being a Painter will bow done to your appreciation of colour lol !!!

But I voted green. :grin:

2 Likes

Like Picasso? It comes with a meaning, Pete!

1 Like

No to be honest I press the wrong button. :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I was just listening to Booker T & the MGs and I it struck me that throughout my life music as a medium has been a beacon for racial equality. 4 musicians working together as equals. And we all know of countless other examples. No posturing, no grandstanding. You were in the band because of your musical contribution. Nothing else was relevant. And as listeners we rarely think about it. We just listen to the music. That’s got to be good.

8 Likes

True and it’s a pity that we judge people by the colour of their skin. guess what we need is a great big melting pot. :grin:

I recently bought a box set of Booker T and the MGs, great stuff. I was prompted by a post from thekevster.

1 Like

It’s difficult to explain. I’m a Newastle supporter and I read an article that we had a black manager and I had to think because although I knew who they were referring to I just saw him as a manager. In his case he was a good manager. Good,bad that’s my only criteria. Same with Booker T. Of course I’ve seen photos of the band that I have loved for 50 years but oddly I never considered them black or white. Does that make sense. They were just 4 great musicians…

It make perfect sense. My pigheaded brother rang me about my mum who’s been in hospital. He referred to the woman that answered the phone as a foreigner, why not just the the woman that answer the phone. He then got on his high horse when I questioned it.

1 Like

Was she as cold as ice?

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I only like a couple of things by them that I’ve heard (Time is tight and Hang ‘em high) - and not having seen them I have no idea if they are white, black, red, yellow or brown - nor, do I care, like with any other band, or person: all that matters is what they are like and what they do (and for music, how good it is). Sometimes I wish the world could be rendered monochrome and fizzy then perhaps some of the prejudices and behaviours would disappear.

1 Like

Is your brother Australian? :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Yes, just a redneck.

1 Like