The Grand Cafe

Yes I know it’s dangerous but I don’t think I have any options.

1 Like

A while back i dropped in my dealer and he was running them in (Chora 826) on a Nova with standard cables…they sounded really nice, albeit in a small room and not yet run in.

Good luck Pete and enjoy the experience :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

When she gets home just have a dozen roses sitting on top of one speaker for her and very nice gift certificate to a day spa on the other…

5 Likes

Would you believe the flowers were the one thing I’ve forgotten. Just ordered some, she’s at the hairdresser and I’m hoping they’re delivered before she gets home.

3 Likes

Other than the one I described! It works for me.

I do agree with your suggestion but I’m not lugging the amp and speakers down to Sydney. It’s a 2 man job plus I now don’t have a car that they’ll fit in comfortably.

What I might try is take my own music especially stuff I’m real familiar with and if I like what I hear there I’ll pay for them with an agreement that if I’m not happy (with a time that suits both) I can return them.

2 Likes

Like that ever happens…

Yes.

Great.

So am I, or you are out with the dog tonight.

3 Likes

No they arrived on time and I’m off the hook. :grin:

3 Likes

You won’t know until you try. There’s certainly no harm in asking.

That is effectively a home audition, just having to pay a refundable deposit of the full price, so pretty near perfect. (It’s what I’ve done on a couple of occasions by ‘mail order’ (Or rather email order!)

1 Like

Dealers differ. One wanted full payment refundable on return. Another wanted 50%. I am currently home demoing from a dealer who asked for no deposit and I feel the strongest bond with them which should carry on with future purchases.

1 Like

Yes, but I mean they never seem to go back. I’ve kept everything I’ve tried on a home audition :roll_eyes:

I’ve been pretty good at returning stuff this year. The (rather expensive) speakers went back so did the CD/Flat Cap.

2 Likes

How’s the head this morning @Pete_the_painter :sunglasses::tumbler_glass::notes:

@Pete_the_painter

Did your wife enjoy the flowers and her birthday? I hope all your plans worked out…

Cheers all went well, your post and the florist saved me. Heads a bit sore, but the in laws arrive today (I tried stopping them but it didn’t work). Mrs Pete’s girl friends ambushed her and took her out.

6 Likes

I happy to hear that all went well! …the sixtieth birthday is a milestone and it looks like she was in good hands and enjoyed the day.

2 Likes

Lol. I can imagine my wife’s reaction if I took her to a sports bar for her birthday :beers:

2 Likes