The Grand Cafe

I don’t think they have the horizontal very heavy reain we can have for days on end… no clothing can truly keep it out if you go for a walk.

Mind you I suppose the ‘bad clothing’ applies to that, with options of no clothing, bathing costume, or wetsuit depending on decency laws and temperature…

How was the break, Mike? Did you find healing already?

Yebbut ya ain’t no Fin.

True! I can’t stand cold showers, nor saunas! (Oddly my wife and sons love saunas) But I love the onsens in Japan…

How can I improve my slang, IB?

Moved to Australia :rofl:

Sorry, I aint great with slang!

There are too many dialects in the U.K. each with its own slang to be able to give concise guidance.

There are a few books. I have several copies of one that share with my friends and family who don’t live in the North East U.K. it’s called “Larn yersel geordie” It helps them to understand simple requests such as “gis a fag pet!”

I imagine there are similar educational books for most dialects and their slang.

@Mike_S are you still having problems with your streamer, reboots etc.

The NDX2 and Nova haven’t had any screen freezes or random reboots since the last firmware update.

I have had some lip-sync issues with the Nova and my TV and Bluray player that have required several reboots to resolve, indeed I had to reboot it 3 times on one occasion to resolve the issue - this has been an intermittent issue for some time now. Basically the audio on the Nova randomly becomes out of sync with the screen picture (whether from the TV, the Apple TV or the bluray player).

It’s been really good thank you. It took a week or so to unwind from work mode. Now I’m easy back into my new part-time scenario for this year to reduce the stress levels and focus on working on things I enjoy and avoid the ones I don’t and having some more life balance away from the vortex or working life!

1 Like

I’ve had that problem with my AV amp, most of stuff comes via cable tv and it was easier to fix in the setting than the amps.

1 Like

Presume you are using the lip sync feature buried in the Nova system settings?

1 Like

No, never heard of it :flushed:

I watched my dealer install my Nova and he adjusted lip sync from the settings menu…somewhere. It’s not on the ND555 bizarrely. I just looked thru the support pages and their is no mention of it? Must be going mad.

1 Like

Ive searched my Atom and can’t find in the app, you might need to go to the menu on the screen.

1 Like

I’ll look in the manual…

Read the manual, woh that’s desperate. :rofl:

I only do that when all else fails.

1 Like

All else HAS failed :sunglasses:

1 Like

Spoke with dealer who confirmed it at least used to there…so not going mad. Perhaps they deleted it…definitely not in the streamer software.