The Grand Cafe

I’ve just had a look on my Nova, it’s in the Input Settings/HDMI menu when HDMI is enabled.

1 Like

Thankyou Eoink…not totally bonkers yet at my end🤪

Not because of that anyway Gazza. :grinning:

2 Likes

Ah, useful, but I use the optical connection…

I used it via optical on my Nova back in the day, must be buried in their somewhere.

Yep, it’s there on the digital inputs. (Not really relevant to me, my Nova’s in the upstairs lounge with no TV, and my ancient TV in the downstairs lounge predates this sort of sophistication., but I can’t resist looking around the menus to see what the boxes can do.)

3 Likes

Good man👍

1 Like

Doesn’t appear to be there on the digital inputs for my Qute - I had to adjust it on the TV settings.

Found it on the Nova, but it’s not on the NDX2. But usually the lip-sync is fine on the Nova and then randomly goes out of sync, which is fixed with a re-boot. Go figure.

1 Like

I think you guys should transfer this lip-sync discussion into the “Brain Teasers” thread :sunglasses:

Lip sync issues seem to be more and more prevalent Mike . I have an LG OLED and when I watch via native apps the lip sync is perfect once set either on the TV or my DAC . However all my live TV comes through a Sky Q satellite digital box , the sound and picture drift enough to be noticeable and annoying . If I power off and on the box the sync resets , it even varies channel to channel which is probably due to differing programme resolution . It’s definitely a digital box problem in my case which hopefully will be resolved in some future update .

Lip sync issues usually means the sound arriving first so any audio delay ability helps .

1 Like

@Pete_the_painter I’m going to avoid the 272 thread as well :boxing_glove::boxing_glove::rofl::woozy_face:

I haven’t read it this morning but it’s certainly was full of bs. No one knows what’s going on and it seems full of experts who think they do.

I’m off to walk Diesel he’s not real good and than it’s off to the vets.

2 Likes

Hope he’s ok. That’s all that matters.:+1:

1 Like

Guilty as charged Sir :flushed:

Hope he gets better,

I was reading one of your posts while having my coffee, you end it by saying you’ll doubt a new 272 will appear. 2 days ago you said it will and it’ll look like a Uniti product. :rofl::rofl::+1:

1 Like

Ah, yes. I meant there would be a new streamer preamp, but it won’t be an updated 272, i.e new styling, no off board power supply - a Naim version of the new Aurelic streamers,

Naim HQ probably don’t know what to do also ha🤪

1 Like

Think there’s a bit of truth it that young man. It wouldn’t hurt them to say if it was being replaced, it’d make no difference whatsoever cause those that want a streaming pre amp will go elsewhere anyway.

1 Like

Thanks for the word “young” greatly appreciated :+1:

1 Like