The Grand Cafe

Young as a term is all relative. :grin:

1 Like

Love this guy and thatā€™s great customer service . Some amp in itā€™s time !!

4 Likes

Hit a new cliche today. Cover art wonā€™t show on the full view on the screen, only showing for the track view for a hi-res download saved to the Core and was working initially and now wonā€™t display. Rebooting the NDX2 and Core hasnā€™t fixed it.

Funny (well maybe not that funny) Iā€™ve not really had the problems with my Atom as others have. Also my trusty 272 has never had an issue. Hopefully new firmware will help.

1 Like

Thatā€™s good to hear about Creek.
Years ago I went to see Ade Edmonsonā€™s band, the Bad Shepherds. My brother-in-law was a friend of Maartin Allcock who was in the band. We were having a couple of beers with the band after the gig, and at some point someone made a comment and I cracked a joke based on it. Ade smiled and said ā€œI was thinking of that oneā€. I decided that I wouldnā€™t do jokes with Ade Edmonson at the table. He was a lovely bloke and wasnā€™t putting me down, he was enjoying sharing the thought, but when youā€™re with a great comic leave the funnies to him.

2 Likes

I didnā€™t know he was in a band , Iā€™ll look out for them if they are still going . He certainly seems like a decent chap and well worth a follow on Twitter , he was trying to understand how a Hedge fund worked today ā€¦ :rofl: :rofl:

I rewatched Mr Jolly lives next door ( Comic Strip ) with him and Rik last week . It still has me in stitches , also starring the great Peter Cook among others its an hour of them at their madcap best if you havenā€™t seen it ā€¦ Who Dares Gins !!

1 Like

Weekend!

6 Likes

I now canā€™t stop myself mentally listing all the songs I know containing the word ā€œfireā€. Got a pretty good compilation so far. :woozy_face:

1 Like

Where I live fire doesnā€™t have that glow you guys get it generally means round up your kids pets things and evacuate. :scream:

Changing the subject my mums 93 today she still lives unassisted on her own, survived a spider bite (last year) and out lived most of friends. Hopefully sheā€™ll survive lunch with the family today. :grin:

5 Likes

Hopefully you will too!

1 Like

Happy birthday to Peteā€™s Mum!

1 Like

Fire - Jimi Hendrix

Funny out for my walk today to Folkestone and passed by the house in Seabrook where Noel Reddingā€™s mum lived - Noel had invited Hendrix to his motherā€™s house on a cold New Yearā€™s Eve and Hendrix asked her if he could stand next to her fireplace to warm himself. She agreed, but her Great Dane was in the way, so Hendrix let out with, ā€œAw, move over, Rover, and let Jimi take overā€.

I met Mrs Redding once and my barber went to the Hendrix gig that night on New Years Eve 1966 at the Hillside Club in Folkestone.

2 Likes

You know Andy deep down I knew you would refer to that track. First I thought of.
Also up tracks by Arthur Brown, Springsteen, Free and if Iā€™m allowed to duplicate BST and James Taylor.

1 Like

Light my Fire by The Doors?

1 Like

Happy Birthday Peteā€™s mum. X

Fire in the Engine Room - Richard Thompson?

1 Like

And I forgot Prodigy, Rolling Stones, Jerry lee Lewis and finally just remembered Johnny Cash. Canā€™t think of any more.

One of my favorites is Fire by the Pointer Sisters written of course by Bruce Springsteen althought it was a long while before we got to hear Bruceā€™s own version.

1 Like

Move over Rover let Jimi take over . Classic

Into the Fire - Deep Purple (and indirectly Smoke on the Water).
And Kings of Leon - Sex on Fire, a title I never understood.

1 Like