The Grand Cafe

Ouch !
That’s almost as bad as having politics :sunglasses:

1 Like

I might change my opinion when I get a knighthood and become Sir Ardbeg. I’ll then get and orange electric horse.

1 Like

Don, a question I always wanted to ask you: is it Windsor castle which is visible so nicely when approaching Heathrow?

1 Like

Yes.

1 Like

As Don will confirm.

2 Likes

As David has already indicated, yes.

Providing the approach is to Runway 09 ie you are approaching from the west and landing towards the east.

With the prevailing wind, more often the approach is from the east, over the city of London and Westminster. In which case you often get a view of Buckingham Palace and the Houses of Parliament.

1 Like

Thanks. My favourite is the west to east approach of London City airport. Turning around the Shard, st Paul’s at the left …

Looking for the postie already Mike?

1 Like

In Sydney for the first time for months, judging by the traffic and the amount of people around things definitely are returning to normal.

3 Likes

Not my idea of a “dream” job.

2 Likes

The courier turned up just as I was enjoying a morning cup of tea. It’s all up and running now.

2 Likes

My father was the grand pooper of the orange lodge in Aus and for a short time the world. He once had to have police protection when he went to Ireland.

2 Likes

Well, more importantly than the 252 - Mrs Mike had her seventeenth, and last, post chemo protein inhibitor infusion at the cancer center today. That’s a whole year of full on therapy. About 6 weeks to recover now and then the estrogen blockers for 5 years or so :flushed:. Her genetic test results came from the US last week and she was clear of the more dangerous mutant genes. It’s been a roller-coaster of a year, but she has the hard road behind her now. Lots to be thankful for :+1:

13 Likes

Time to party (almost) :+1:

1 Like

That conjures up an unwanted image…

The whole thing conjure unwanted images, but it still sounds better than Grand Master which is soo pretentious.

1 Like

My cousin worked at Scotland Yard in counter-terrorism and couldn’t come to my first wedding in Ireland as he was on the hit-list :flushed:

1 Like

I was in trouble at home yesterday and on Mrs Pete’s hit list. Thankfully she’s either forgotten or moved on, it did cost me a take away dinner though.

2 Likes

Oh, do tell us more…

1 Like

Sounds like an ambush coming😁

2 Likes