The Grand Cafe

We’re over $300/month. I blame the spa.

I blame the power companies.

Our place is big and the pool filter runs a few hours a day.

Thought I’d try out the new battery powered hedge trimmer. Got through a few rock roses and lavenders. Then attacked the agapanthus along a pathway until I hit a large wasp nest. Had to do a runner swatting wasps from my face whilst they went down my shirt. A couple of stings and pretty sore now.

Are they introduced type, we have both a native that doesn’t sting and the European ones. I’m forever hosing down nests of the European type, bloody pests.

Probally from Australia I think :flushed:

Again we like share, we’re good like that. :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

When we did up our house a few years ago, focussing on making it energy efficient, it reduced our space and hot water heating costs by about 60% - despite extensions simultaneously adding 30% more living space.

Electricity (not used for heating) is our main energy cost, part cooking, part other basic household stuff - e.g fridge, 2 freezers, lighting (though virtually all LED) & ventilation system - but mostly I think a big chunk of the £150 a month electricity bill is computers and entertainment, including a son with a powerful gaming computer.

2 Likes

Bloody Aussies, if it’s not their possums it’s their wasps :flushed:

Hang on how Kiwis live in Aus, think you blokes are still way in front.

Ha ha - probably !,

I’ve just discovered Shallow Frying:

1 Like

You have been living a sheltered life. :rofl::rofl:

Works great for schnitzel and fires for one.

1 Like

I finally have time to discover these gems of life. It were the best fries I ever had. I see competition coming for the local chips shop which is a truly awful place.

1 Like

252 should be here to tomorrow. I’ll post a picture here. The system pictures thread has gone south :flushed:

3 Likes

Actually the system pics thread has gone.

That doesn’t surprise me my photo of my Atom was pretty bad. :rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Yes, I was offended. Can’t you keep things clean!

1 Like

I also think an Australian kicked it all off :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

This one was trying to defuse it, I could see it coming.

2 Likes

Beer battered fish and chips today. A personal kingsday tradition. Having republican sympathies, I eat white food on this day.

3 Likes